Posted by Editoress on 02/19/15
This position is responsible for providing financial oversight to business unit (BU) staff and act as partner to BU personnel. Responsible for BU consolidation, closing of BU specific reporting unit and control activity of BU. Must ensure the accuracy and integrity of the financial books and records of the BU through the management of accounting, financial reporting, internal control/compliance, financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, risk management, and tax (if appropriate) functions.
The person will have global oversight for financial reporting, including coordination and consolidation of reporting, forecasting and budget planning and analysis for the business unit and will report directly to the VP of Finance & Corporate Controller
• Serve as business partner to BU personnel and assist in providing strategic and tactical direction for the long-term financial success of the unit.
• Provide early warning on all business trends that affect the performance of the unit related to Engineering and Administrative spend - including P&L, balance sheet, and operational issues, while identifying probable causes and solutions.
• Oversee, manage and consolidate all financial reporting and accounting functions at the BU level. Accountable for timely and accurate month-end closing, forecasting, quoting, working capital, and fixed asset management.
• Coordinate the annual budget and long-range planning (LRP).
• Ensure an effective internal control environment with polices/procedures that comply with US GAAP, ICFR (Internal Control over Financial Reporting) and Company Policy requirements.
• Develop strong collaborative relationships within the BU
• Effectively manage, evaluate, monitor and develop employees under your influence to drive maximum operational performance and further employee career advancement. Seek to be a net exporter of finance talent.
• Must remain objective and unbiased.
• Other projects and responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the BU and Corporate HQ
• Certified General Accountant (CGA)
• Minimum ten years of experience with increasing responsibility, 5 years in a management position
• Manufacturing accounting experience required
• CPA or CMA is required, an MBA a plus
• Responsibility for multiple sites a plus
• Prior experience with SAP and/or Oracle/Hyperion is a plus
• Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Fluent written and spoken English skills, Mandarin is a plus
• Strong understanding of business controls
• Strong capability to assess / implement business processes
• Strong leadership skills
• Ability to manage multiple assignments
• Attention to detail
• Strong analytical/problem solving and decision making skills
• Ability to function independently
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com and reference Business Unit Controller in the subject line.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|