Posted by Editor on 03/13/16
Escape Velocity/DEVO is looking to hire a DEVO New Racer Coach (NRC). The Escape Velocity - DEVO Program New Racer Coach (NRC) will be responsible for teaching cycling skills and basic knowledge to new riders and potential racers primarily in the U13 and U15 age group (Age 9-14). In their assistant coach capacity, the NRC will assist the U13 Head Coach at DEVO practices and will coach at select race events.
The DEVO NRC role is intended to help transition new riders successfully into DEVO by the develop skills, fitness, confidence necessary to help new members integrate with their peers in their respective age groups. This coach will be primarily work with children with limited cycling experience.
Role & Responsibilities
• Using a new rider road assessment tool and in consultation with head coaches, the NCR coach will be responsible for determining when a new rider is able to graduate to racing and less-supported group riding with their peers.
• Developing and executing learn to ride session plans for new riders.
• Introducing youth that are new to road racing to the sport in a supportive and encouraging manner.
• Assistant coaching at a DEVO practices.
• Coaching for DEVO at select race events.
• Representing Escape Velocity and DEVO in the community
Qualifications & Education Requirements
• NCCP community coaching certification
• Understanding of children learning principles; teaching certification an asset
Preferred Skills / Traits
• Excellent communication skills
• Patient, supportive and welcoming personality
• Organized and self-motivated
• Able to teach and mentor children ages 9-14.
Salary Range: $20-30/hr- based on experience.
To apply, please email Andrew Pinfold at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|