Posted by Editor on 01/19/17
DEVO/Cannondale presented by Fortius is looking for a head coach for our mountain bike program. The right individual must have a passion for coaching youth and mountain biking along with being able to meet the challenge of leading a first rate youth cycling program.
The successful candidate will have either PMBI or NCCP coaching certification or be working towards certification and be a self-starter with experience in developing ride and skill development plans. While the program is primarily XC focused, experience and coaching gravity disciplines (enduro and DH) is considered an asset.
Effective Date: April 1, 2017
Position: DEVO Mountain Bike Head Coach
Location: Vancouver BC
Salary: Commensurate with experience
1. Mountain Bike program planning, coaching and coordination - The Coach will develop, plan and implement an annual development program which utilizes Escape Velocity's administrative and material support and has the following characteristics:
• Coordinate Mountain Bike race travel plans primarily with the Mountain Bike Coordinator and the DEVO program director as appropriate.
• Coordinate weekly training schedule with Program Director and Mountain Bike assistant coaches.
• Lead 1 training sessions per week (April 1-Aug 31). (Wednesdays 6-7:30 PM)
• Attend (5-6) races in the DEVO calendar identified as core races for the team.
• Assist in integrating the Mountain Bike race and training plan with the program director.
2. Sponsor and club relations - The DEVO Mountain Bike Head Coach role is a public role in both the immediate Escape Velocity and DEVO club as well as within the wider cycling community. The Mountain Bike Head Coach role requires the organization of volunteers and sponsor resources. In addition to general expectations of professional communication within the club to members and their families, the Mountain Bike Head Coach is responsible for providing regular updates (post-event or monthly, whichever is more frequent) to sponsors and club members about DEVO and relevant EV activities and opportunities. The means of updates shall include social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) as well as formal communication means such as email.
3. Reporting - The Mountain Bike DEVO Head Coach reports directly to the DEVO Program Director and Head Coach.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you!
To submit your resume or for further details contact DEVO Program Director, Andrew Pinfold at email@example.com.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|