Posted by Editoress on 12/12/17
The Canadian Sport Institute and the Alberta Bicycle Association are hiring an NCCP Certified Coach for a joint position. The position will be approximately 60% ABA and 40% CSI.
The Canadian Sport Institute's (CSI) mission is to provide a world-leading, multisport, daily training environment for podium athletes and coaches, through expert leadership, services and programs. Within its broader mandate, the CSI Calgary provides a variety of programs for developing athletes one being through the Cycling Program, which offers programs to able body and para athletes from 10 years through to elite national teams.
The Alberta Bicycle Association is the governing body for cycling in the province of Alberta. The mission of the ABA is to advocate, develop, and facilitate bicycling for Albertans.
The CSI Calgary Cycling Program and ABA is providing a unique opportunity for the right person as Coach to deliver coaching services to Performance (ages 16-18 yrs.) level athletes. Evenings and weekend work is a requirement of the position. The position requires a high level of independence and self-motivation, as well as the ability to develop and implement daily, weekly and yearly training/competition plans. Professional development is structured into the position to provide coaching and educational opportunities.
• Evaluation & Reflection
• Achievement Oriented
• Interpersonal Skills
• Analytical Thinking
• Learning capability (knowledge)
• Results Orientation
Primary Responsibilities (CSI):
• Develop and coordinate the yearly training and competition program for identified athletes.
• Deliver programs in the daily training environment to identified athletes.
• Assist in creating and implementing a challenging, dynamic, team and performance oriented training and competitive environment for athletes to thrive.
• Ensure the development of a multi layered, multi-dimensional athlete development model that is adaptable to encourage continued program participation.
• Demonstrate ethical qualities and works to instil the virtues of fair play and sportsmanship in all athletes.
• Develop and coordinate camps and or clinics for the purpose of athlete recruitment.
Primary Responsibilities (ABA):
• Planning development camps, and creating an LTAD implementation plan
• Coaching Development, including creating a positive, synergistic and cooperative working relationship with Alberta coaches, and overseeing delivery of NCCP
• Oversee the Provincial Team program, including program preparation, coordination, budgeting and management.
• Mentoring coaches across all disciplines of cycling (Road, Track, MTB, BMX & Cyclo-cross)
• Attend Racing Committee meetings
• Assist with the preparation and follow-up for all grants relating to the Provincial Team program and coaching
• Fosters an environment that encourages participation, innovation, adaptability, accountability, and initiative enabling program participants to achieve their own personal goals.
• Develops and maintains positive communication with outside providers (e.g. Local Clubs, ABA, CPSA, CC) to ensure proper delivery of the high performance cycling program.
• Participates in Local/Provincial cycling related meetings and functions (e.g. ABA AGM) to stay current on the local cycling community endeavours and maintains communication with CSI-Calgary departments and staff.
• Practices a continual two-way exchange of knowledge and ideas with other CSI Calgary coaches.
• Pursue continuous personal and professional development ensuring the most topical and up to date information is available for the coaches and athletes alike.
• Delivery of cycling programs which follow Canada's Long Term Athlete Development model
• NCCP-certified Competition Development, or capable of attaining this certification by May 2018
• A member in good standing of the Coaches of Canada; Cycling Canada and Coach Alberta
• Provide a Police Background Check and Drivers Abstract
• Minimum of 2 years Coaching Experience
• Current First Aid and CPR certification
• Strong interest in coach as a career
Employment Status: Full-Time
Closing Date: December 18, 2017
Please send your cover letter and resume to: Heather Lothian at email@example.com
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|