Posted by Editor on 03/8/18
Bicycle Nova Scotia (BNS) is working on creating a "Where to Cycle in NS" guidebook. The guidebook is being developed this season with a launch date of Spring, 2019.
BNS is reaching out to the local cycling community for their input on rides they should include and also for what you would like to see in the book. They are looking to crowdsource routes around the province. Of course, they can only highlight so many rides, so include your favourites, including short trips, day rides, and multi-day rides. Ideally rides that are:
• Local favourites. Ones that many people know and love
• Beautiful scenery showcasing natural beauty
• Low traffic and relatively safe (staying away from busy roads)
• Loops are preferred, but not crucial.
The types of rides:
• Sanctioned mountain bike trails/areas
• Rails to trails
• Kid friendly rides
• 2-3 day self-supported trips
• Road Rides
• Gravel Grinders
Please visit the BNS website for details on how you can help out. There is a first draft of possible routes, but this is only a starting point. Link to the map Here.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|