Posted by Editor on 02/2/06
Job Description: Executive Director
Bike to Work Victoria (BTWV) is looking for a dynamic, creative person to become its new Executive Director. BTWV has three major programs: Bike to Work Week, Bike to Work Skills Courses, and community workshops. The Executive Director position offers the opportunity to work on these tangible, proven programs with a supportive board of directors and enthusiastic volunteers.
The executive director is responsible for the following:
* Fundraising for the annual BTWW campaign and special projects
* Cultivating relationships with media and other sponsors
* Acting as a spokesperson for the society
* Writing media releases
* Setting the strategy and theme for the BTWW campaign
* Liaising with the graphic design team for the production of posters, t-shirts,
* Writing and planning the SocietyÃ¢â‚¬Å¡s website and working with the webmaster
* Planning major and minor events, including workshops
* Budgeting, basic accounting and liaison with the SocietyÃ¢â‚¬Å¡s treasurer
* Hiring and supervision of contractors/employees
* Administering the society
* Fundraising and/or proposal writing experience
* Event planning experience
* Excellent written and oral communications
* Some budgeting experience
* Media relations skills
* Post-secondary education Ã‹â€ BachelorÃ¢â‚¬Å¡s degree or equivalent
* Interest and/or knowledge of active transportation, active living.
* Regular bike commuter
Please note: Salary for this position is contingent on fundraising. The hours vary throughout the year, with the peak period being February through July. The position is ideal for someone with other project work, although the position could be full-time if longer term funding is secured.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Robert Wickson, President, Bike to Work Victoria, email@example.com by February 10th, 2006.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|