Posted by Editor on 10/4/06
Biketoberfest in Dieppe, New Brunswick
On October 21 to 24, the National Cycling Centre will be building its newest facility, the BMX track. For this occasion, the Centre, the City of Dieppe and the Mike's Bike Shop Cycling Club decided to showcase it's facilities and extend its invitation to you. For the occasion, we will be organizing our first ever Biketoberfest!
For the occasion, here's the activities we are lining up:
* BMX Track Building - Come and learn (and ok, work) on the first of many construction of official regulation sized BMX track in Atlantic Canada. Join international expert Loyal Ma and Cory Banks along with Andrew Scott and learn more about BMX tracks. We certainly hope this will launch interest for other municipalities/groups to build such facilities in the region
* BMX Programs - Loyal Ma will also help interested clubs with entry level program development and racing while 2005 National BMX Champion, Cory Banks, gives us actual demonstration by flying 20 feet over Jeff Currie (Velo NB VP) and Pablo Vergara (MBS Cycling Club President).
* Giant Elite Season's Review Camp - This weekend will also be an opportunity for the Centre's Elite riders to wrap up the season. Discussion sessions will take place with the Head Coach as well as final photo shoots.
* Club Partnership Building - As part of this weekend, the Mike's Bike Shop Cycling Club extended a special invitation to Fredericton's OSB Cycling Club and would also like to invite any other interested clubs.
* Cross Racing - Saturday afternoon, 4 pm, the 2004 National Cyclo-cross Championship course will revive once again for a fun filled event. Seven time National Champion, Peter Wedge, will be present for a quick demonstration / education session prior to the event. The Mike's Bike Shop Cycling Club will put this regional event forward and mountain bikes are welcome.
* Track 101 - Conditions permitting, the Centre we also have staff present to offer Track 101 lessons to our many guests
* Group ride - Sunday morning, we'll all go on a nice road group ride in the nice Memramcook area.
* Velo NB Board meeting - Sunday afternoon, 1 pm, Velo NB will hold its Board meeting at the Rotary Lodge
* Dinner / Festivities - Of course, what would be an Biketoberfest without a nice dinner / festivities. Not that cyclists dig this part, but we figured it would be a good opportunity to finish the cycling season on a good note. The MBS Cycling Club's sponsor, the Pump House Brewery will be ready for us on Saturday evening.
Invitation is on for this first ever Biketoberfest. BYOBSB (Bike, Shovel, Beer)!
Contact Luc@AtlanticCyclingCentre.com for more details.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|