October 12/06 12:52 pm - Landis Goes Public with Case Files
Posted by Editor on 10/12/06
Landis Goes Public with Case Files
Floyd Landis, the Tour de France winner - who is under investigation for abnormal testosterone/epitestosterone levels and may possibly be stripped of his title - has made the case documents publicly available online. On his website (www.floydlandis.com) he provides a link to a download site where the documents are available. The case files can be downloaded by going to www.box.net, clicking "LOGIN" and using PublicAccess as both the Login and Password. (Note: these are large files (167 Mb) even Zipped).
The documents include:
- Attorney Howard Jacobs' motion for dismissal, submitted to the Anti-Doping Review Board (ADRB) on September 11, 2006
- The complete World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) document package, inclusive of the testing information from Landis' 'A' and 'B' samples
- A PowerPoint presentation created by Arnie Baker, M.D. with specific reference to:
- The details of the carbon isotope ratio test (CIR), demonstrating that the CIR conducted on Landis' urine sample does not meet the WADA criteria for a positive doping test
- Demonstration of an unacceptable variation in sample testing results
- Errors in fundamental testing procedure and protocol
Landis recently had his motion to dismiss disciplinary action refused by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA), who will be moving forward with a hearing.