November 23/06 9:16 am - Job Opportunity at OCA
Posted by Editor on 11/23/06
Job Opportunity - Executive Director of the Ontario Cycling Association
Reports to: OCA Board of Directors
Responsibilities: To promote, develop, organize and control the operation of the OCA, as outlined in the mission, vision and values statements and in accordance with the goals and objectives identified in the strategic plan.
Specific responsibilities of the Executive Director would include:
- Report regularly to the Board of Directors of the OCA
- Manage the operation of OCA's multi discipline cycling organization
- Maintain all human resource aspects of the association
- Maintain the legal aspects of the annual and ongoing filing requirements with the Ontario government.
- Maintain financial control of the operation in conjunction with OCA's VP of Finance and Administration.
- Prepare annual budget and cash flow statements. Review actual vs budget on a monthly basis and prepare variance reports
- Work with the OCA auditor to complete annual audited statements
- Develop and maintain funding opportunities with the Ontario to maximize Cycling OCA's resources
- Develop federal grant opportunities with appropriate ministries
- Organize OCA's gaming application and control the use of funds
- Maintain a relationship with the Hamilton Cycling Centre
- Promote the development of the sport by obtaining sponsorship/ donations for the various events and programs
- Maintain ongoing relationships with all sponsors and advertisers
- Maintain OCA's risk management and insurance programs in conjunction with the Canadian Cycling Association
- Work with computer technology and web site consultants to upgrade the present equipment, systems and web site
- Maintain the OCA's membership system
- Promote new programs such as Sprockids
- Liaise with OCA's member club presidents, general managers and cycling committee chairs
- Maintain an open door policy to meet with members of the public and to answer telephone inquiries from members and the public
- Liaise with other cycling organizations such as the Canadian Cycling Association and other Provincial Cycling Associations
- Maintain an ongoing liaison with all OCA's committees
- Oversee OCA's internal and external communications
- Act as chief spokesperson for the association in order to inform about and promote the sport of cycling
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven management experience with an organization of similar size
- Demonstrated ability to balance the need for strategic thinking and operational excellence.
- Experience working with a volunteer board of directors.
- A positive progressive management style.
- Ability to work with limited direction and exercise sound judgment in complex situations.
- Ability to express themselves effectively in both oral and written communication.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, motivate and give directions to staff.
- Experience in financial planning, budgeting and analysis of the operations
- Experience and understanding of the provincial sport environment and knowledge of organized competitive cycling are decided assets.
- Experience developing and successfully implementing marketing strategies.
- Post Secondary education is desirable.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply: Applications should include a resume and a cover letter with salary expectations. Please send in MS Word format to:
Ontario Cycling Association
Attn: Executive Director Hiring Committeecareers@ontariocycling.org
Interested candidates should reply before noon on December 14th, 2006.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.