January 5/07 10:29 am - Employment Opportunity
Posted by Editor on 01/5/07
National Projects Manager Ë† True Sport Foundation
Application Deadline: January 15, 2007 Starting Date: January 29, 2007
The True Sport Foundation (TSF) works to ensure that sport in Canada is the kind of sport that contributes positively to the physical and moral development of our youth, our athletes and a civil society. The TSF partners with public and private sector organizations to promote, celebrate, and recognize sporting excellence. The TSF operates and supports educational and healthy, fair and ethical sport programs that promote personal excellence.
True Sport is a national movement which recognizes and promotes the life skills and values derived from values based community sport. The True Sport Foundation has an immediate full-time position opening for a dedicated individual to help manage the application and selection process for its grants programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Enterprise, the National Projects Manager will:
* Manage the application and selection process of the True Sport Community Fund and the Bell Community Sport Fund;
* Manage the operation of True Sport Employee Volunteer program(s);
* Coordinate activities related to the development and growth of True Sport Communities in partnership with a sponsor, key stakeholders, the True Sport Secretariat or others;
* Assist with the overall development and implementation of the True Sport Strategy programs and initiatives as related to the position;
* Assist with sport community capacity building relevant to ethics in sport initiatives and the True Sport Strategy action plan;
* Provide assistance as required to the Senior Manager, Enterprise and the Sport System Engagement department as a whole.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
* Post-secondary education in the fields of sport, health, education, social science and/or marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience in a relevant manager position;
* Knowledge of the Canadian sport community and relevant project management experience is required;
* Knowledge of community development, education and social change programs is preferred;
* Excellent English and French communication skills sufficient to respond to verbal and written client requests, the ability to review English and French grant applications and compose feedback is required;
* Professional conduct, sound judgment, excellent interpersonal skills, team building skills, problem solving and conflict resolution skills, ability to work with little supervision, ability give/receive feedback, program development/implementation abilities;
* Organizational skills, attention to detail, time management skills, ability to set priorities and manage multiple priorities, self-motivation, ability to give presentations, ability to independently produce final products/value-added results;
* Word processing, keyboarding, data entry, email and internet abilities, proficient in MS Word and Excel.
We have been in this industry for nearly 10 years, and we know how to create really good research proposal.
Salary Range: $37,600 - $50,000 plus benefits
Please submit your application with references by Monday, January 15, 2007 to:
Karri Dawson, Senior Manager, Enterprise
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By fax: 613.521.3134 or by regular mail:
True Sport Foundation
202-2197 Riverside Drive
Ottawa, Ontario K1H 7X3
We thank all applicants for their interest but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.