March 16/99 12:23 pm - Seamus Wins!, Nova Scotia Course, Downhiller Fatality, Tirreno
Posted by Editor on 03/16/99
Seamus Wins Cactus Cup!
It has been somewhat painful (to say the least) getting results from the cactus Cup, but Seamus McGrath telephoned and left a message with results! Thanks Seamus - and congratulations on your first major pro win!
1. Seamus McGrath (Haro) 1:49:11
2. Christoph Sauser at 0:22
3. Cadel Evans (Volvo Cannondale) 0:39
5. Andreas Hestler (Polo Sport) 2:58
6. Chris Sheppard (Catera) 3:05
1. Seamus McGrath (Haro)
2. Christoph Sauser at 1:51
3. Cadel Evans (Volvo Cannondale) 2:16
4. Andreas Hestler (Polo Sport) 4:07
5. Chris Sheppard (Catera) 4:20
Nova Scotia Officials Course
(courtesy Randy Gray)
Bicycle Nova Scotia will be offering a Mountain Bike Commissaire's Course(Provincial) on April 10th and 11th at Sport Nova Scotia. Cost will be $20. For registration or for more info contact Randy Gray@(902)477-1888 or Jim Bratrud@(902)765-6022. The course will be taught by Jim Bratrud, UCI 'A' Commissaire.
Stage 6 - Teramo to Alba Adriatica, 170 km
1. Romans Vainsteins (Lat) Vini Caldirola 3:49:02
2. Fabio Baldato (Ita) Ballan Alessio
3. Gian Matteo Fagnini (Ita) Saeco-Cannondale
4. Biagio Conte (Ita) Liquigas-Brescialat
5. Tristan Hoffman (Ned) TVM-Farm Frites all s.t.
6. Mauro Gianetti (Sui) Vini Caldirola at 0:02
7. Piotre Ugrumov (Rus) Ballan Alessio 0:06
8. Giancarlo Raimondi (Ita) Liquigas-Brescialat 1:49
9. Alessandro Petacchi (Ita) Navigare-Gaerne
10. Jan Svorada (Cze) Lampre-Daikin both s.t.
1. Michele Bartoli (Ita) Mapei-Quick Step 27:20:08
2. Davide Rebellin (Ita) Polti at 0:09
3. Stefano Garzelli (Ita) Mercatone Uno-Bianchi 0:12
4. Laurent Jalabert (Fra) ONCE-Deutsche Bank 0:19
5. Igor Gonzalez (Esp) Vitalicio Seguros 0:28
6. Alessandro Spezialetti (Ita) Mobilvetta-Northwave 1:54
7. Bo Hamburger (Den) Cantina Tollo-Alexia 3:55
8. Christopher Jenner (Nzl) Crédit Agricole 4:24
9. Andreas Klier (Ger) TVM-Farm Frites 4:25
10. Davide Casarotto (Ita) TVM-Farm Frites s.t.
Jake Watson, an American pro downhiller, died last Friday in California while training for a race in Keyesville. He apparently suffered massive chest injuries during a crash. Messages can be sent to his family at 3803 Weatherly Circle, Westlake Village, California, 91361.
We Are Late!
We know, we know - the news is a little late today! Sorry, but we were in Montreal all day (no internet access!). Expect some exciting news regarding our trip shortly.