December 16/07 9:20 am - Burnaby Sixers Volunteers Needed
Posted by Editor on 12/16/07
Burnaby Sixers Volunteers Needed
Courtesy Rob McMurtry
Our roster of volunteers is beginning to fill out. The race schedule
is available at www.burnabysixday.com/downloads/schedule.pdf for your review. An hour or two on any given night will help, so don't hold off if you can't do all 25 hours.
If you have responded to a previous request - Thanks! I've got your name on a list and will get in touch next week with any updates.
- Setup on Dec. 31. Anytime between noon and 6PM. Pulling nets aside, setting up "pit area" fencing, beer garden tables, etc. More the merrier.
- Rider sign-in assistance. Dec. 31, 4-7PM, Jan. 1, 12-1PM, Jan. 4 5-7PM.
- Points/lap counters: All racing hours. Critical to providing accurate and timely results!
- Beer garden: We have two helpful volunteers...possibly three. Let's go for four. Like a good paceline, the beer must be smooth.
- Whip: Authority. Power. You can have it all! "Riders to the rail! Yes, that means you! Move it move it move it!"
- Tear down: Like setup, but backwards. And faster.
Not sure what you can do, or when? Give me a call at 604.512.9453 or mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org - I'll have my list and reassuring words about on-the-job-training at the ready.