October 1/08 10:22 am - Manitoba Provincial Coach Employment Opportunity
Posted by Editor on 10/1/08
Manitoba Provincial Coach Employment Opportunity
Position: Provincial Program Cycling Coach
Job Description: The Manitoba Cycling Association is seeking an individual to assume the position of Provincial Program Cycling Coach. This is a full time position and the coach must reside in Manitoba.
Purpose: The Provincial Program Cycling Coach will be responsible for the overall management of the Manitoba Cycling Association high performance program. The duties of the coach will include but are not limited to the following:
* Assume role of head coach at all provincial, national and international events where the provincial team competes. These events would include provincial championships, national championships, Western Canada Games and Canada Summer Games.
* Develop and manage the training and competition plans for the athletes selected to participate in the MCA high performance program.
* Lead the MCA coaching development program including the development and mentoring of a network of regional coaches in Manitoba.
* Work in partnership with the Sport Medicine Council and the Canadian Sport Centre Manitoba with the integration of the MCA performance enhancement program. The Provincial Coach will be expected to work closely with identified sport science practitioners.
* Liaise with Canadian Cycling Association coaching staff to identify opportunities for provincial athletes to compete at the international level.
* Assist in the development of athletes who exhibit the potential of achieving Provincial Team selection. This would include working with personal and regional coaches.
* Assist the MCA Board of Directors and Executive Director on preparing budgets, reports and funding applications specific to the high performance program.
* Demonstrated ability to undertake and sustain the duties noted above would be essential.
* Minimum N.C.C.P. Level 3 certification in the sport of cycling. Equivalency or near completion would be acceptable. Certification in both road and mountain bike would be an asset.
* Class 4 Manitoba Driver's license (or will obtain by January 1, 2009
* Respect in Sport certified (or will obtain by January 1, 2009)
* Working knowledge of the Canadian Cycling Association's Long Term Athlete Development.
Application deadline: October 15, 2008
Interested candidates should send their CV / Resume along with a cover letter (including salary expectations) and 3 references by e-mail to email@example.com or by mail to be received no later than October 15, 2008 to:
Manitoba Cycling Association
309-200 Main Street
Attention: Coach Selection Committee