February 9/09 18:05 pm - Employment Opportunity at the Ontario Cycling Association
Posted by Editoress on 02/9/09
Development Coordinator of the Ontario Cycling Association
The Ontario Cycling Association is looking for a full time Development Coordinator for its provincial bicycle racing programs, including road, mountain bike (cross-country and downhill), cyclo-cross and track. This is a full time position and requires extensive weekend work throughout the summer. The Development Coordinator is primarily responsible for the racing activities that fall under the control of the OCA.
The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge in sport administration and specifically in cycling. Understanding of the Canadian Sport system and knowledge of the LTAD for cycling is considered an asset. Project management, financial management, event management and experience working with volunteers are considered key assets.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Ensuring that race organizers are in compliance with all OCA requirements of the sanction for which they have applied
• Attend Provincial Championships to ensure OCA protocol is followed
• Post relevant news items on the OCA website
• Issuance of insurance certificates for events
• OCA club affiliations and insurance program
• Managing fees for OCA sanctions, levies, insurance, etc.
• Work with respective Chief Commissaires to establish race assignments
• Work with the VP Development and the Development Committee in the generation of the race calendar
• Responsible for ensuring that race packages are sent out to promoters on a timely basis
• As a team player, this person will be willing to help out where necessary to ensure the OCA meets the objectives of the Strategic Plan
• The ideal candidate should have:
- An interest in cycling
- Knowledge of the UCI/CCA/Provincial licensing system
- Knowledge of the event sanctioning process
- Knowledge of the rules under which competitions are held
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to work with a wide range of personalities
- Ability to express themselves effectively in both oral and written communication.
- Ability to work with limited direction and exercise sound judgment in complex situations.
Reports to: OCA Executive Director
Salary will be based on previous experience. Please send application in Word format with salary expectations no later than February 24, 2009.
Ontario Cycling Association
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.