Posted by Editoress on 06/26/10
Conservation Halton is a community based environmental agency that works in partnership with watershed municipalities and the Province of Ontario to protect the natural environment. We also manage a number of parks for education and recreation including Glen Eden Ski & Snowboard Centre, Crawford Lake, Mountsberg Wildlife Centre, Rattlesnake Point, Mount Nemo, and Hilton Falls.
Mountain Bike Trail Crew
Kelso Conservation Area
Summer Seasonal Contract
The Mountain Bike Trail Crew members are passionate about mountain biking and conservation. They will assist the coordinator implement the Mountain Bike Program. Specific responsibilities will include
• Assisting in the implementation of the Mountain Bike Program at Kelso Conservation Area
• Performing general maintenance of the Mountain Bike trail system and establish trail redesigns as directed
• Performing and documenting regular inspections of Technical Trail Features
• Caring for and maintaining the trail maintenance tools.
• Documenting incident reports and providing first aid coverage on trail system.
• Informing public of area regulations as required
• Assisting with events and promoting the Mountain Bike Program as required
• Minimum Grade 10 or equivalent
• Preference will be given to high school graduates and/or those enrolled in a post-secondary sports/recreation management program
• OMBI Level 1 certification preferred
• Chainsaw certification an asset
• One year experience in bicycle repair and maintenance an asset.
• Knowledge of trail building and maintenance techniques and practices is preferred
• Knowledge of Conservation Halton’s trails and other areas helpful
• Familiar with outdoor programs and rental shops an asset
• Must be physically capable of riding all trails within the Park.
• Able to travel to a site not serviced by public transportation
Salary: $10.75 per hour
Hours: Approx. 37 hours per week This position involves working scheduled hours that include evenings, weekends, and holidays (including Long Weekends)
Benefits: One of the many great benefits of working with Conservation Halton is the staff identification pass which entitles our employees to free entry to all of our conservation areas and discounts on goods, services, cafeteria food and events with a participation fee!
Start Date: June 2010
To be considered for these positions, candidates should submit their application, stating position title, by June 28, 2010 to:
2596 Britannia Road West
Milton, ON L9T 2X6
Fax: (905) 336-0921
E-Mail: email@example.com (include job title in subject line)
Please note: Funding for this position has been applied for through the Summer Job Service program. The program is designed to help students gain summer work experience and supply community business with access to students.
Preference will be given to those who meet the following eligibility requirements:
· 15-24 years of age (up to 29 for people with disabilities)
· Planning to return to school in September
· Local residents and eligible to work in Canada
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|