Posted by Editoress on 11/8/10
Canadian Sport Centre Pacific, in partnership with the national network of Canadian Sport Centres and the BC network of PacificSport Centres, delivers sport performance programs and services to provide athletes and coaches with every advantage to win medals for Canada.
Together with our national and provincial sport partners we are creating an improved system to develop athletes and coaches, advance sport development throughout BC and drive the development of sport performance facilities. We provide athletes and coaches with support services that complement their performance goals while investing in their post-sport career opportunities. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and committed individual to join our team in the capacity summarized below.
Intern, National Coaching Institute - BC
Reports to: Coordinator, Coaching & Community Engagement
Purpose of Position: The purpose of this part-time position is to provide ongoing support in the coaching services department within Canadian Sport Centre Pacific (CSC Pacific). The NCI-BC intern will develop a general understanding of the provincial and national sport system in the areas of coaching education, research and best practices. The successful candidate must demonstrate an ability to work in a high performance, dynamic environment.
General Administrative Duties
• Director & presenter support
• Manage coach/presenter database
• Manage curriculum resources
• Develop ongoing program evaluation tools
• Maintain current coach grade sheets
• International coaching school
• Speakers series
Promotion & Marketing
• Website maintenance
• Enhance a quarterly provincial coach newsletter
• Assist in developing advertising materials
• Senior year (3rd or 4th) in a related educational program
• Relevant coursework in the areas of program planning, project management and website maintenance
• Preference will be given to applicants accredited in the National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP)
• Experience with computer applications for word processing, spreadsheets, database, and PowerPoint presentations.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of independence and initiative
Location: Victoria, BC - 4371 Interurban Road
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week - 6 month term (January - June 2011)
Closing Date: November 12, 2010
Please send your cover letter and resume to Stephanie Mahovlic at firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|