Posted by Editor on 10/16/99
Giro di Lombardia, Italy
World Cup final race, 262 kilometres.
1. Mirko Celestino (Ita) Polti 6:21:50
2. Danilo Di Luca (Ita) Cantina
3. Eddy Mazzoleni (Ita) Saeco
4. Oscar Kamenzind (Sui) Lampre
5. Dimitri Konyshev (Rus) Mercatone all s.t.
6. Marcus Zberg (Sui) Rabobank at 0:11
7. Marco Serpellini (Ita) Lampre
8. Marco Velo (Ita) Mercatone
9. Paolo Bettini (Ita) Mapei
10. Christophe Moreau (Fra) Festina all s.t.
Final World Cup Standings
1. Andrei Tchmil (Bel) 299 points
2. Michael Boogerd (Ned) 238
3. Frank Vandenbroucke (Bel) 214
4. Peter Van Petegem (Bel) 153
5. Marcus Zberg (Sui) 145
6. Johan Museeuw (Bel) 138
7. Paolo Bettini (Ita) 137
8. Zbigniew Spruch (Pol) 131
9. Leon Van Bon (Ned) 123
10. Marc Wauters (Bel) 107
Well, we were surprised and impressed with how many knew that Karen Strong won a bronze medal in the pursuit, in the 1978 World Track Championships (another Canadian, Sylvia Burka, was fourth). The first one in with the correct answer was Tim Lefebvre, a well-known Canadian racer in his own right. Tune in tomorrow for the next chance to win a copy of the 1998 MTB World Championships.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|