September 29/11 9:30 am - 2011 Vanier Park Cyclocross - BC CX Cup race #2
Posted by Editoress on 09/29/11
Vanier Park Cyclocross returns on Sunday, October 2nd
West Coast Racing and TREK Red Truck Racing are proud to present the longest running cyclocross event in BC, the 2011 Vanier Park Cyclocross. The second round of the BC CX Cup series is back in the very heart of Vancouver at the beautiful Vanier Park with its fast, rolling course.
The event has something for everybody: Citizen categories, free kids event, master and elite races and of course a free BBQ to celebrate cyclocross in style. Thanks to our sponsor John Henry Bikes we have lots of prizes and goodies not just for the three on the podium. Please bring your cow bells and vuvuzelas to make some noise for some of BCs most dedicated racers and volunteers.
The course is mostly grass with tarmac sections, interrupted by stairs and the usual barriers, so pump up the tubies and get down to business. After last Sunday’s rather wet New Brighton event the weather forecast is looking better but be prepared for some wind and a few drops of rain. After all this is Vancouver and the cross season is now in full swing.
For details about the event please go to: www.westcoastracing.ca.
Hope to see you on Sunday in Vanier Park …
• 9:30am - Registration opens (sign on ends 15 minutes prior to each start)
• 10:00am - Neutral Support provided by Bike Gallery for all racers
• 10:30am - Cat 3/4 Men, Citizen Men / Women and U17 (40 minutes)
• 11:15am - Free Steed Cycles Kids’ Cross, age 10 and under (mini-course, ~5minutes, parental assistance allowed)
• 11:30am - Free Steed Cycles Kids’ Cross, age 11-15 ( short course, ~15minutes, part of Cycling BC Learn-to-Race)
• 11:45am - Awards / Podium for first events
• 12:00pm - Free BBQ lunch for all participants courtesy of M&M Meat Shops
• 12:00pm - Master 30+ Men 3/4, Cat 1/2 / Master Women (45 minutes)
• 1:00pm - Cat 1/2 Men (60 minutes), Master 30+ Men 1/2 (45 minutes)
• 2:15pm – Awards / Podium for final events
Entry fees and registration
• On-line Registration is only $25 - CLICK HERE!
Save $5 and time on race day, plus get better start line assignment by registering online until Friday, September 30th at 8:00 PM.
• Race day registration $30.00 CAD/USD
• Racers from the US get a $5 border crossing discount.
• Racers from Vancouver Island/Sunshine Coast get a $5 ferry crossing discount (+$5 for the car) - you will have to show the ferry receipt to get the discount.
• $10.00 one day event insurance for non-license holders, available at day-of registration or via online registration
• Kids’ Cross entries FREE
Race Director: Sven Sturm
Email: sturm.sven (at) yahoo (dot) (com)