Posted by Editoress on 02/24/12
The Canadian Cycling Association (CCA) is the recognized authority by the UCI (Union Cycliste International) on all aspects of cycling in Canada, including BMX, Cyclocross, Mountain Bike, Para-Cycling, Road and Track. Founded in 1882, the CCA aims to create and sustain an effective system that develops talented Canadian cyclists to achieve Olympic, Paralympic and World Championship medal performances. With the vision to be a leading competitive cycling nation by 2020 celebrating enhanced international success, increased national participation and world class event hosting, the CCA manages the National teams, hosts national and international events, and administers community programs to promote Cycling in Canada.
The Mountain Bike Development Coach is responsible for the technical direction, leadership and implementation of the Mountain Bike development program in Canada. Working with the Head Mountain Bike Coach and the Mountain Bike Coordinator, the Development Coach will ensure that the development stream of athletes and coaches are identified and supported by the national program.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop, lead, implement and monitor the success of the Mountain Bike development national program;
• Establish and evaluate performance measures and targets for national development team athletes;
• Develop and maintain strong relationship with national team athletes, personal coaches, provincial coaches and trade teams;
• In collaboration with the MTB Coordinator, ensure effective financial management of the MTB budget for development;
• In collaboration with the MTB Coordinator, ensure high quality logistics and planning for all national team projects but predominantly the MTB development program;
• In collaboration with the Head MTB Coach recommend to the HPD and the MTB Selection Advisory Group (MSAG), athlete nominations for projects and carding;
• When required and upon availability, the (MTB) development coach will deliver NCCP courses and support Long Term Athlete Development initiatives.
Knowledge and Skills
The CCA is searching for a Mountain Bike development coach who possesses vision, energy and a strong coaching background to assist the Head MTB Coach in the implementation of the Mountain Bike national program.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in and knowledge of the sport of Mountain Biking. Strong consultative, facilitation and decision-making skills are required. Demonstrated success as a team leader with excellent management, administrative, and financial skills are other key attributes. The ability to communicate in both official languages is a strong asset.
Candidates will be expected to have proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint).
Salary & Benefits
The salary scale for the position is a range of $ 53,500 to $ 56,500 dependent on experience. In addition the successful candidate will be eligible for benefits after a period of probation.
This position is subject to six-month probation for a new staff hiring at the end of which a documented performance review will be completed.
Starting Date: April 1, 2012 (negotiable)
Location: The successful applicant will not be expected to work from the national office.
Interested persons should send a cover letter and resume in expression of their interest in this position to: email@example.com or by mail to:
Canadian Cycling Association
203 – 2197 Riverside Drive
Ottawa, ON K1H 7X3
Attention: MTB Development Coach Search Committee
NOT later than March 2, 2012.
All applications will be confidential. We thank all those who apply. Only individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted. The Canadian Cycling Association promotes Employment Equity.
This Position is Financially Supported by Sport Canada
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|