Posted by Editoress on 10/13/12
Registration for the fourth annual RBC GranFondo Whistler, taking place on Saturday, September 7, 2013, will open on Monday, October 15th, at 12:00 pm, Pacific Standard Time.
“The feedback we’ve received from participants this year has been incredible,” said Kevin Thomson, co-founder of GranFondo Canada. “Excitement for road cycling is shown in the passion we see on event day and on training rides throughout the year. Now is the time for cyclists to commit to their goals for 2013.”
Founding Riders of inaugural GranFondo Canada events will have first crack at registration starting today (October 12th) at 9:00 am, PST. All Founding Riders signed up for the event by October 31st will have a chance to win a 2012 Cervélo Argyle R5 VWD frameset signed by Canada’s most celebrated cyclist and 2012 Giro d’Italia champion, Ryder Hesjedal.
The early bird rate of $225 is in effect until March 15th, 2013. Those signed up before that date will also be eligible for the new Deferral Guarantee Policy, which grants participants the opportunity to defer their entry to the following year.
Event entry includes:
• Two-day pre-ride bicycle and lifestyle Expo in Vancouver.
• A dedicated lane width for cycling for the entire ride from downtown Vancouver to Whistler resort.
• Timing chip for all riders. Track your performance on overall ride time and on pre-determined course sections.
• Five fully-stocked Rest Stops along the course.
• Mechanical support at Rest Stops as well as roving mechanics to offer assistance.
• Medical support at Rest Stops as well as roving medics along the course.
• Sag wagon support to the finish for all riders unable to continue.
• Secure bike parking during post-event party.
• Complimentary bag check.
• A commemorative keepsake to all finishers.
• Souvenir event t-shirt.
• Post-ride meal and entertainment in Whistler.
• Live ride results posted on the RBC GranFondo Whistler website.
The RBC GranFondo Whistler has been recognized as a favourite amongst cyclists since its beginning in 2010. Those interested in experiencing the 122 kilometre ride from downtown Vancouver to Whistler are encouraged to sign up quickly.
To learn more about the event and register for 2013, visit: www.rbcgranfondowhistler.com
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|