Posted by Editor on 02/3/15
This position is focused on supporting the growth of our company by delivering outstanding sales and service support to Shimano Canada's authorized dealers and outside representatives. This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with the Customer Service Supervisor to strategize, plan and implement monthly and seasonal plans.
The associate in this position will be a proactive, self motivated, problem solver who is willing to go the extra mile to ensure we are meeting our wholesale domestic goals and all our retailers are receiving best in class customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answers direct to retailer calls including:
- Identifying retailer's customer needs and recommending appropriate bicycle component, apparel and footwear solutions
- Placement of orders
- Warranty policy
- In-season programs
- Retailer Incentives
- Account status
- Order status
- Technical and compatibility questions about Shimano products.
- Back order management
- Product availability information
- Return questions
• Responds to retailer e-mails/faxes for the same issues as above
• Demonstrates outstanding product knowledge
•Shows a strong sensitivity for retailer issues and the ability to ask questions to clarify and resolve problems to the satisfaction of the retailer
• Acts as a conduit to resolving dealer issues; interfaces regularly with inside sales, credit, shipping, warranty and operations.
• Responsible for processing and management of all orders generated during sales calls.
Services Retailer Warranty & Return Issues:
• Ensures all retailer returns (warranty and return to stock) are processed in a timely manner
• Makes retailer repair, replacement or credit decisions in accordance with company's policy
• Responds to and resolves any customer warranty issues with the greatest concern for maintaining a "customer for life."
• Communicates recurring product quality issues to product development team for further action
Generation of In Season Order Replenishment:
• Supports and meets company monthly and seasonal at once sales goals
• Maintains company expectations of outbound calls to authorized retailers; implement sales process that includes identifying needs and recommending solutions
• Enhance sales by cross selling/up selling products when particular items are unavailable
Support Sales Team
• Assist the entire sales team, inside and outside, with order entry when needed.
• Maintains customer records in CRM by updating account information for assigned territory.
• Assist with retailer/rep mailings and reporting as needed.
• Promotes, educates and monitors all on-line orders that are placed on www.connect.shimano.com
• Perform miscellaneous projects as requested.
The associate in this position will be a proactive, self motivated, problem solver who is willing to go the extra mile to ensure we are meeting our wholesale domestic goals and all our retailers are receiving outstanding customer service.
• Fluently bilingual (English/French)
• 2- 3 years experience in customer service, retail experience or inside/outside sales.
• A strong technical sense and ability to diagnose technical issues with Shimano bicycle components.
• Knowledge of technical apparel (Cycling/Running).
• Strong presentation, negotiation and problem solving abilities.
• Must have a strong customer focus and an ability to establish and develop strong relationships with retailers.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and windows environment.
• Knowledge of JD Edwards software a benefit
• A leader as well as a team player
• Must be self-motivated, entrepreneurial and be able to work with little supervision
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you meet the qualifications we require, we would like to hear from you. Please submit your resume in a PDF or Word format by following the link: www.shimano.com/content/Corporate/english/index/jobs/NorthAmerica/careers-website-canada.html
Job Title: Customer Services Representative
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Department: Inside Sales
Reports To: Customer Service Supervisor
Please make reference in the subject header of the email "Customer Services Representative"
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Shimano Canada is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|