Posted by Editoress on 01/7/16
High Performance Marketing is a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company led by an sports-marketing industry leader with 30-years in business. Our business is located in Mississauga, Ontario.
This internship will be focused on PwC Epic Tour, Canada's largest Granfondo style, mass participation cycling event. Cycling has become increasingly popular over the past years, and is often referred to as the new golf. Like a marathon to running, our Granfondo provides cyclists with an opportunity to challenge themselves, and share the experience with thousands of fellow cyclists. PwC Epic Tour is on Sunday, September 11th, 2016, and is expected to attract over 3500 participants. Please visit www.epictour.ca for more information.
The Marketing & Customer Service Intern will be an integral part of our team. If you are an independent self-starter and someone who likes to dive into a project and own it, then this is for you. A knowledge and passion for road cycling will be considered an asset.
The Marketing Intern will be compensated with a $500 monthly honorarium.
• Become an ambassador of the Epic Tour brand
• Plan and coordinate grassroots marketing initiatives
• Help build Epic Tour database, and social media community
• Assist with developing and executing digital marketing strategies
• Assist in the development of content for social media, blog posts and newsletters
• Research and report new trends in Digital and Social Media marketing
• Assist with the coordination and delivery of sponsor and brand deliverables
• Assist with research and execution of exhibitor sales
• May have the opportunity to assist with corporate hosting sales, group sales
Customer Service Responsibilities:
• Deliver timely and high quality support to our customers by phone and email and chat
• Help customers out during the online registration process
• Execute administrative task related to sales, marketing and customer service
• Plan and coordinate the packing and shipping of registration kits
• Attend the event and participate in on-site execution
Qualifications and Experience:
• Currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from a sport, business or marketing degree or diploma (College or University)
• High level of organization and attention to detail is necessary
• Strong initiative and entrepreneurial spirit: The ability to learn as you go and think on your feet will serve you well
• Strong integrity: some of the work can be done working from home
• Strong work ethic: ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced and professional environment
• Ability to work as part of a team, and individually with limited supervision
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Must have a solid understanding and proficiency in written English
• Working knowledge of Wordpress and Adobe Photoshop is an asset
• Ownership or access to a vehicle is essential
Like any internship, this will feature some responsibilities that will be unglamorous, repetitive, involve some physical labour and periodically some longer hours and weekend work. The successful candidate will be someone who approaches the mundane with the same commitment and enthusiasm as the more interesting and "horizon expanding" aspects of the position.
Please include a cover letter, resume with submission and send to Danica Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application closing date is February 15th at midnight. While we are grateful for all submissions, the volume of applications will necessitate that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this position.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|