Posted by Editor on 01/13/16
The Bike Barn in Penticton, BC, is looking for staff heading into the 2016 season. We are a busy shop that specializes in road, mountain, and family bikes. We offer a competitive wage and a benefit package full time member of our team.
Full time & Part time Sales Staff
• Want to work in a fun environment with awesome people
• Be friendly and outgoing
• Comfortable talking to strangers - you're not afraid to start a conversation
• Have a wealth of bicycle knowledge (not absolutely necessary - we will train you!)
• Be passionate about helping people lead a healthy active lifestyle
• Have some experience working in a fast-paced retail environment
• Love the world of cycling
• Be willing to work daytime and weekend shifts
Sales Floor Manager (Full time year round position)
• All skill listed above with the addition of management experience
• Experience with buying and ordering
• Above-basic computer skills
• Excellent customer service skills - Ability to develop, maintain and nurture client relationships
• Strong industry acumen
• Detail oriented and strong organizational skills in work space - attention to retail space presentation
• Team player that can work independently
• Wealth of bicycle knowledge absolutely necessary
• Minimum 3 years of experience, including task such as: brake bleeds, fork and shock rebuilds, wheel building, Di2, suspension tuning etc...
• A positive attitude, and the ability to work well as a team, in the workshop is essential
• Must possess good problem solving skills.
• Must enjoy staying on top of the constant technological advances, in the bike industry.
• Must be responsible, organized and clean, with exceptional attention to detail
• Inventory control skills
• Ability to work efficiently unsupervised
• Handle multiple tasks in a timely manner
• Strong communication skills
• Strong knowledge in all areas of the cycling industry
• Proficient computer skills
• Bike fitting knowledge is an asset
If you think you would be a great fit for our team please come by the shop with a resume or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|