Posted by Editoress on 03/23/16
Cycle Toronto is hiring Outreach Coordinators for the upcoming season. This year, Cycle Toronto will run Bike Valet at festivals such as Mayfair, CBC.ca Music Fest, Field Trip, and Pride. Cycle Toronto will also be hosting on-street outreach stations in June for Bike Month and in October for Get Lit!, marshalling group rides, street canvassing for campaigns, and membership tabling at events across Toronto such as the Green Living Show and MEC Bikefest.
Cycle Toronto is looking for energetic, detail-oriented people with a passion for cycling. Outreach coordination involves managing multiple priorities and requires multi-tasking, organization, and leadership. The ideal candidates are also professional, collaborative, and comfortable engaging with the public and working with our dedicated volunteers.
• Pick-up Bike Valet & outreach equipment equipment prior to the event and/or drop-off equipment after the event
• Ensure that the equipment travels safely to and from the event, using a Cycle Toronto bike trailer (trailer hitch will be provided)
• Assist with set up and dismantle Bike Valet parking/outreach area
• Assist in coordinating logistics for upcoming outreach events
• Mentor and direct outreach volunteers during event shifts & training
• Run the information table, handle cash, sell Cycle Toronto memberships and effectively engage the community about cycling issues, Cycle Toronto campaigns, and promotions offered by Cycle Toronto's partners
• Take event photos and post on Cycle Toronto social media channels
• Provide feedback and track event attendance and other metrics as required
• Must be reliable, organized and punctual with remote access to phone and email while on duty
• Are regularly available for evening, weekend, and some holiday shifts (this is a must)
• Can demonstrate experience working on teams and/or customer service. Supervisory experience is an asset
• Are empathetic, gregarious and adept at engaging with a broad spectrum of personalities in an inclusive environment
• Have a background/interest in community/city building, politics, transportation, and grassroots advocacy
• Are Cycle Toronto members in good standing at time of employment
Terms of employment:
This is a part-time seasonal position at the rate of $15/hour on contract from April to October 2016, with the possibility of extension. Must be available for weekend shift work April to October, with some weekday evening and holiday shifts. Must be in good physical condition and able to lift a bicycle trailer and transport loads by bicycle to various locations in Toronto. Must use a bicycle in good working order and range of high gears.
All Outreach Coordinators must complete Cycle Toronto volunteer training in early April, prior to start of contract. Outreach Coordinators will report to the Director of Programs & Events, or to the Supervising Outreach Coordinator, where applicable.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Wednesday March 30, 2016. at 12:00pm with the following subject line: Outreach Coordinator.
Cycle Toronto values diversity and we are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|