Posted by Editor on 03/23/16
With early bird registration now open, and a larger prize purse and primes expected, the Robert W. Cameron Law Cycling Series presented by PISE on June 3-5, is giving riders better opportunities to save - and earn - a bit of cash.
"This is always an exciting time for us as we get the ball rolling and start planning to host some of Canada's finest high performance cyclists," says Race Director Jon Watkin. "Every year we try to raise the bar and this year is no exception. We're bringing back the Energylab Dallas Road Sprint Time Trial on the Friday night. On Saturday, with the Cheemo Perogies Cycling Classic in Metchosin being race #4 in the BC Premier Cycling Series, we're offering racers the opportunity to earn valuable points towards the provincial series overall championship in July and of course, Sunday brings racers to Victoria's spectacular inner harbour for the Russ Hay's/Accent Inns Grand Prix at the B.C. Legislature."
"Building on last year's success, we will add more opportunities for vendor space and also expand our family friendly activities on the grounds of the BC Legislature," Watkin adds.
The Elite Men & Women will follow an "Omnium" race format where points will be awarded to the top finishers for each stage. The male and female racer with the most accumulated points after Sunday's event will be crowned the Robert Cameron Law Cycling Series p/b PISE overall winner and take home the coveted Orange Leaders Jersey.
Earlybird registration at www.victoriabikerace.com will be open until April 30th, at midnight.
The 2016 Robert Cameron Law Cycling Series includes:
• Energylab Sprint Trial, Friday, June 3rd (6 pm to approx. 8 p.m.) Dallas Road, Victoria
• Cheemo Perogies Cycling Classic, Saturday, June 4th (races starting at 7:30 a.m., women's/men's elite races starting at 10 a.m. and ending approximately 1:30 p.m.) at Liberty Road in Metchosin
• Russ Hay's / Accent Inns Grand Prix - Sunday, June 5th (starting at 8 a.m. with the women's elite race at noon and the last race, the men's elite, starting at 1 pm) at the Legislature Buildings, Victoria
• Tim Hortons Timbits Challenge - Sunday, June 5th, (starting at 11 a.m. at the Legislature Buildings, free event for kids aged 3 to 10)
• Volkswagen Victoria "Beat the Olympian" Relay - Sunday, June 5th, celebrity race held before the elite races.
The Robert Cameron Law Cycling Series p/b PISE is proudly supported by the City of Victoria, the Downtown Victoria Business Association, Cycling BC, and the District of Metchosin.
For more information on the cycling series, visit the website at www.victoriabikerace.com.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|