Posted by Editor on 03/31/16
You are eager to communicate your passion for cycling, enthusiastic about representing the company during sports events and an avid social networker? Garneau has a unique opportunity for you!
Become Community Manager at Garneau and help expand the notoriety of the brand while propelling your career to the front of the peloton!
Under the supervision of the Global Marketing Director, you will build, grow and manage the Garneau social media communities across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube and others. You will bring the brand's social strategy to life through conversation, content deployment, and engagement. You will foster deep and consistent relationships with Garneau fans, other influencers, and extended networks. You'll help internal Garneau teams use social media to achieve various goals.
Based in Vermont or in Québec, the Community Manager is a vital part of the Marketing team, leading the strategy, development, and deployment of social media initiatives and campaigns on brand-owned channels as well as through earned and paid social avenues. This position requires strong experience with a variety of social media platforms/analytical tools, best practices in content development, engagement, and strategy across the social landscape. It also requires close interaction with creative, product, sales and customer experience teams, attention to brand alignment, and a keen creative eye to bring the brand to life online.
The key to success in this position will be an ability to establish, execute and continually optimize the comprehensive social media strategy. This will require leveraging internal and external resources for optimal content and reach and educating additional team resources on best practices as the strategy is scaled globally with all relevant stakeholders.
More specifically, you will have to:
• Develop a global social strategy including content, global publishing process, engagement, measurement, and channel approach using best practices;
• Define a creative content process including roles & responsibilities in partnership with the Marketing team;
• Establish, monitor, and communicate performance against Social KPI's;
• Manage the social media strategy, execution and reporting;
• Define an online advocacy strategy for content development and execution and be aware of overall team/business objectives;
• Spot opportunities on new profiles or platforms;
• Create and implement core social governance principals, guidelines and guardrails internally and share with key social media team members globally;
• Provide training and expertise to all internal stakeholders working with social media;
• Work closely with e-commerce, marketing, sales, customer service and product teams to ensure integrated strategy and execution. Assist in collaborating and coordinating activities with Garneau internal stakeholders;
• Create, oversee and execute global, integrated social media campaigns and initiatives including plan, schedule, and publish content;
• Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns and tools. Track/tag campaigns for accurate reporting;
• Listen, post & respond to our consumers/customers/users/fans/prospects through Garneau social media channels;
• Create a monthly or regular social media editorial;
• Create a hashtag or keyword usage report;
• Configure and optimize social media profiles; understand the details and intricacies with varying social media profiles;
• Co-own the social media activity calendar (planning, ideation, content creation, execution & reporting at both national and local levels);
• Create, manage and maintain relationships with social media influencers/ambassadors;
• Moderate, respond, amplify and celebrate content created by the Garneau community (user-generated content);
• Create and curate relevant content using the appropriate tone when engaging with those communities. Aim to engage and increase audience size, reach, and engagement;
• Participate in collaboration with agency partners to plan, ideate and execute paid and owned activities;
• Perform any other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor.
• University's Degree or college diploma in Marketing, Communication, Multimedia or related field;
• Minimum of 4 years of related experience in a social media position;
• Experience in reporting, analytics;
• Cyclist enthusiast and well informed about cycling industry;
• Currently publishing a personal blog or other form of digital content on a consistent basis;
• Excellent native-fluency English writing/speaking skills;
• French writing/speaking skills an asset;
• Professional communication skills and ability to communicate technical concepts with relative ease;
• Detail-oriented with the ability to write persuasive, grammatically correct and effective copy without oversight;
• Strong foundational grasp of social media management for brands across platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram and other platforms;
• Marketing platform experience, particularly using Hubspot;
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to plan and develop according to a calendar while proactively getting feedback and direction from key stakeholders;
• Foundational understanding of Search Engine Optimization;
• Skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Calendars, Photoshop, Illustrator, Powerpoint as needed.
You have the skills and abilities we are looking for? Then you are just the person we need!
What does Garneau have to offer?
• Strong values that speak to you: fun, respect, innovation, team spirit and continuation
• Employee discounts on Garneau products
• VIP sales exclusively for employees
• Unlimited access to the on-site gym
• Pilates, Zumba and Spinning classes
• Lunch-time group rides (Lunch rides)
• Health and wellness program
• Company volunteering activities
• Career advancement opportunities
• Two-week corporate vacation in July and one week during the Holidays
• Access to an Employee Assistance Program
• Free parking
• Referral program
• A dynamic and stimulating career with daily challenges
And even more...
• Competitive salary
• Daytime schedule, Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
• 12 days of statutory holidays
• Personal and sick leaves
• Annual performance evaluations
Interested in joining our team? Apply now by sending your curriculum to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|