Posted by Editoress on 10/7/16
Cycling Canada is searching for a Pathway Development Manager who possesses vision and energy, along with significant experience in coaching and sports administration. Cycling Canada is the recognized authority by the UCI (Union Cycliste International) on all aspects of cycling in Canada, including BMX, Cyclocross, Mountain Bike, Para‐Cycling, Road and Track.
Answering to the High Performance Director–Head Coach, the Pathway Development Manager will be responsible for ensuring podium pathway alignment of all Cycling Canada programs, as well as assisting provinces and territories in aligning their pathways to that of the national body.
In collaboration with the Performance Development Director and the Sports Science, Medicine and Innovations Manager, and overseen by the High Performance Director-Head Coach, the Pathway Development Manager is expected to:
• Provide on-going guidance and support to NextGen coaches as it pertains to establishing program selection policies, performance tracking and talent ID and development initiatives;
• Work closely with representatives from Own The Podium, provincial partners and clubs to educate, develop and implement proper Podium Pathway alignment across all of Cycling Canada's Olympic and Paralympic cycling sports;
• Work in close collaboration with sport coordinators and High Performance Program Managers as it pertains to NextGen program development and implementation;
• Develop and implement costed Talent Identification initiatives in partnership with Own The Podium, Canadian Sports Institutes (COPSIN) and Provincial Sports Organizations using standardized Cycling Canada developed testing protocols.
• Drive and continue to manage ongoing Podium Pathway and Gold Medal Profile initiatives;
• Act as Cycling Canada's representative on all NextGen Management Groups.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in high performance coaching, and will possess strong consultative, facilitation and decision‐making skills. She/he will have demonstrated success as a team leader with excellent management, administrative and financial skills, which are all considered key attributes. The ability to communicate in both official languages is an asset.
Dependent on skill level and experience, the salary range is from 60,000.00 to 80,000.00 CAD
Place of employment:
The employment requires the individual to work from the Mattamy Homes Cycling Center in Milton, Ontario.
All applications will be confidential.
Written applications should be sent by October 21st, 2016
Cycling Canada Cyclisme
203‐2197 Riverside Drive
Ottawa, ON K1H 7X3
Attention: High Performance Director–Head Coach
Electronic applications should be send to firstname.lastname@example.org; with subject heading "Pathway Development Manager".
For more information please visit www.cyclingcanada.ca
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The Canadian Cycling Associationpromotes Employment Equity. This position is financially supported by Sport Canada and Podium Canada.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|