Posted by Editoress on 06/12/17
In it's first year as a team, Forward Racing-Norco will be offering two $500 awards to young Canadian mountain bike racers with aspirations to race at the highest level of our sport. There will be one male and one female recipient.
Evan McNeely and Andrew L'Esperance of Forward Racing have been very fortunate to receive the support of countless individuals on the Canadian mountain bike scene; both through our own development and in the creation of the team. This support and generosity is what keeps our sport going and we want to be a part of that process. We hope that this fund will encourage a young rider to get to the start line when they might not have otherwise been able to do so.
For the first year, we will award selected male and female applicants $500 each that can be used to offset travel and race fees. Please follow the link below for more details and how to apply.
Applications Open: June 13th, 2017
Application Deadline: June 28th, 2017
Recipient Announcement: July 3rd, 2017
• Born between 1995 and 2000
• Attending or planning to attend a postsecondary education program.
• Attending 2017 Mountain Bike Nationals
• Ambitions to pursue World Cup level mountain bike racing
How to apply:
Submit a document along with a reference (name and contact information) by the application deadline to email@example.com
The document should be one page outlining why you should receive the Forward Racing development fund award. It can be written or visual or a mix of the two.
• Why you love the sport of mountain biking
• Your interests outside of sport
• A situation where you have overcome adversity
• How this award would help you with the pursuit of your goals
Thanks for reading and we look forward to your responses. All this information is also available on www.forwardracingmtb.com
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|