Posted by Editoress on 08/18/17
The Hour Record Attempt is fast approaching!
Giuseppe Marinoni has arrived to Milton, and he's itching to take to the track to attempt the World Hour Record in the 80-84 age category, this Saturday, August 19th at 3:00 pm. Here's some key information about this weekend:
Tribute to JOCELYN LOVELL Screening of 'Marinoni'
Join us on Friday, August 18th, at 7:00 pm at the Milton Centre for the Arts for a night to remember Jocelyn Lovell. There will be an art exhibit before the film so come early; a Q&A with the filmmaker after the film and a Marinoni frame raffle! The film is presented by the Flying Monkey Bike Shop. Tickets available HERE.
ABOUT RECORD DAY...
• There are still plenty of great standing room tickets that you can reserve HERE.
• Reserved seating tickets: arrive early to secure your seats before roaming around the exhibit in the infield. Note that your reservation will be honoured up to 2:40pm.
• Door Tickets: standing room tickets will also be available on a first-come-first-serve basis on site.
• If you're no longer planning on attending the event, we ask you to please return your tickets by canceling your reservation via your Eventbrite confirmation email.
• Mattamy National Cycling Centre's location is Here.
• Montreal folks: grab one of the few bus tickets left for a round-trip day-of ticket to attend the event.
• Come by bike! We strongly encourage all to make their way to the velodrome by bike and take advantage of the FREE indoor Bike Valet. Follow signs upon arrival.
Food and Drinks
• Various snacks and drinks will be available for purchase: make sure to bring CASH. Concession proceeds will go towards Canada's next generation of cyclists.
• Feel free to bring your lunch! There is lots of space inside and outside the velodrome to enjoy a quiet lunch before the event.
• Water: There are lots of water fountains and plenty of refill stations at the Velodrome so bring your water bottles!
• Alcohol prohibited
We remind you and thank you in advance for respecting our No Solicitation Policy.
Get Involved - Volunteers Needed
If you want to be a volunteer and can be at the velodrome by 11:00 am, please email your willingness at firstname.lastname@example.org;. We've got a nice "Marinoni Volunteer" t-shirt waiting for you, Thanks!
Lastly, we encourage you to bring lots of cheer! Make a sign or bring whatever you can to make some noise and let Giuseppe know that you'll be supporting him for an entire hour! He'll need everything he's got and all the support you can give if he's to have a crack at the daunting World Hour Record!
See you tonight and/or tomorrow!
The Marinoni Movie Team
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|