Posted by Editoress on 06/18/04
Lange Wins Tour of Korea
Courtesy Marco Polo
Marco Polo's Cory Lange has won the Tour de Korea!! After losing some time in the first stage, he gained back time on leaders David McCann (Giant Asia; recently winner of the Milk Race) and Shinri Suzuki (Shimano Japan). On the very last climb of the Tour he managed to drop Suzuki and team mates Robin Reid and Michael Carter helped to widen the gap to over one minute. With the time gained in this stage, Michael Carter also moved in top ten GC and Reid was already on 8th. With the top ranking of the three mentioned MPC-riders, the Marco Polo team also claimed the victory in the team GC.
The last stage of the Tour (a 85 km crit) did not bring Lange's lead in danger. Lionel Syne tried to make the Marco Polo party complete by sprinting for the stage win, he made the podium, but just missed the win.
6th stage and final result Tour de Korea:
1. Alejandro Acton (Uru) America-Upmc 1:47:47:00
2. Jae Jang Sun (Kor) Seoul City
3. Lionel Syne (Bel) Marco Polo, both s.t.
1. Cory Lange (Can) Marco Polo, 17:11:34
2. Shinri Suzuki (Jpn) Shimano Racing Team 17:11:55
3. Karl Menzies (Aus) Team MGZT, 17:12:11
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|