Posted by Editor on 07/11/98
Leboucher in Georgia
We just finished talking with Chrissy Redden (Team Ritchey) about the World Cup in Conyers, Georgia. Chrissy referred the course as a Ã¢â‚¬Å¾flatting courseÃ¢â‚¬Â°. She flatted on the first lap and eventually managed to work her way back up to tenth - somewhat disappointing, since she had been riding comfortably in 4th when the flat happened. Melanie Dorion (Oryx) double-flatted and had to drop out, and Alison Sydor had the worst luck of all: two flats, a crash and chain problems. Despite all these mishaps, Sydor managed to finish second to Laurence Leboucher (Peugeot la Poste). Paola Pezzo (Gary Fisher) finished third.
Chrissy reports that the course was Ã¢â‚¬Å¾very fast, with short climbs that you had ride out of the saddle.Ã¢â‚¬Â° It was very hot, something she says suited her, but that many other riders seemed to be having trouble with.
1. Laurenc Leboucher (FRA), Peugeot La Poste 1:39:31
2. Alison Sydor (CAN), Volvo-Cannondale at 2:16
3. Paola Pezzo (ITA) Gary Fisher, 3:09
4. Nadia De Negri (ITA), Bianchi Martini, 4:00
5. Gunn-Rita Dahle (NOR), American Eagle, 4:53
6. Ruthie Matthes (USA), Powerbar, 5:22
7. Alla Epifanova (RUS) Volvo-Cannondale, 5:41
8. Annabella Stropparo (ITA) Volvo-Cannondale, 5:56
9. Silvia Furst (SUI) Be-One, 6:39
10. Chrissy Redden (CAN) Ritchey, 7:19
Canada Cup #3 - Mont Tremblant, QuÃƒÂ©bec
Not much news so far, other than it was muddy.
1. Ryder Hesjadhl Kona
2. Adam Walker
1. Marie-Helene Premont
2. Christine Platt
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|