Posted by Editor on 02/11/05
London Velodrome Update
Courtesy Rob Good
It is with great pleasure, that I am able to announce that an agreement has been reached between Atinar Properties & The Forest City Velodrome Association. The agreement is to construct and operate an Indoor Portable Velodrome & Multi use Sports Facility, in the "Old Icehouse" in the south end of London, Ontario. This is the first new Velodrome in the Province of Ontario in 25 years.
The construction of the Velodrome will begin immediately, with a scheduled completion date in mid to late March. The track will be 142m, ideal for instruction, training, and racing. A more in-depth schedule will follow in the coming weeks.
Many of the programs that will be available at the Velodrome include:
- Children's safety riding skills for kids 4-10 years old
- Youth Future Champions programs ages 11-16 years
- Disabled athlete's programs geared to the Para-Olympic games
- Youth & Adult recreational programs to promote a healthier lifestyle in the community
- the Elite Racing program to build athletic performance for National & International Competition.
The other activities to be in place at the building in the coming months include a Running Track, around the top of the seating area, courts on the in-field for other sports or groups to use during the week, a weight room, whirlpool & sauna.
Both parties look forward to producing some of Canada's top Olympic & Para-Olympic athletes in the years to come.
Checkout www.ForestCityVelodrome.ca to find out more information about the Velodrome Complex.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|