December 22/05 8:48 am - Brodie Employment Opportunity, Ride with Rendall Results
Posted by Editor on 12/22/05
Employment Opportunity at Brodie Bikes
Alex Cogger, Brodie Bicycles
Brodie Bikes, CyberSport Ltd. is a company for cycling enthusiasts. Across Canada and in other parts of the world we strive to deliver cyclists a better bike to enjoy their favourite pastime. A career position is coming available.
JOB TITLE: Accounting Position / Office Manager (Full Time)
* all accounting, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable
* all month-end closure process, preparation of statements, generate reports create and post journal entries
* all day to day accounting processes, keep all financial records up to date and accurate, reconciliation of bank transactions
* along with accounting you will enter data to create invoices
* track daily and monthly cash flows
* analyze customer credit reports and assign credit limits
* ensure collections are timely and credit risk is managed
* ensure compliance with BC and Canadian tax and labour laws
* assist in preparation and maintenance of Annual Budgets and Forecasts
* provide financial, administrative and operational support
* analyze financial details of past, present and expected, to create improvements where possible
* maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures and accounting standards
- proficient in Excel and Word and utilizing online credit services knowledge of: QuickBooks, MYOB
- 3 to 5 years of general accounting experience, operational experience
- experienced in A/R Management bilingual (French/English) an asset
- good judgement and a high sense of confidentiality
- proven leader, capable of managing a small office
If you qualify, submit your CV in Word format to: email@example.com
Please note that we will only be contacting applicants chosen for interview.
Race With Rendell - Stage 3
After 9 heats in Ottawa and Vancouver, Stage three results of the RWR/ Peak Winter Racing Series are now available at www.ridewithrendall.com. The stage was the first running of the time trial course that will be repeated every month to help riders gauge their fitness.
Mike Nash from the Ottawa Bicycle Club smashed the men's course record with a time of 35:21.9 over a profile filled with false flats and shallow climbs. Arron Fillion, not content to have his record from last year smashed in the first heat by Mike, took off in pursuit of a new record only to fall short in the last few kilometers. His time of 35:36.7 would have been the new record but was only good for second despite it being a personal best on the course . Sean Wakefield from the Ride with Rendall team took third with a time of 36:48.1.
Natasha Elliott maintains her course record of 38:02.6 despite the attempts of this year's riders to match it in her absence. The top time for the stage was Cynthia Clark's (Ride with Rendall) 43:10.5 who appeared to go out hard in pursuit of the record only to slow and suffer towards the end. Vicki Thomas held off Cathy Bodnoff by 30 seconds to take second in a time of 44:16.4.
With fast times being posted in all categories, the ride of the day was hard to pick however that has to go to U-15 Cyclocross Champion Conor O'Brien who posted a time of 49:49.0.
The Series will take a break for the Holidays and will resume on Jan 7-8 with Stage 4. The next stage will be held Jan 7-8 at the Peak Centre for Human Performance in Ottawa and Tuesday Jan10 at the Peak Centre in Vancouver. To book your start time or for more info call the Peak Centre in Ottawa at 613-737-Peak or 604-299-7959 in Vancouver.
In addition to the heats in Ottawa and Vancouver, Montreal riders will now be able to join the series starting January 8th at the newly opened Peak Centre Montreal. To book your heat and start time in Montreal call 514-341-PEAK.
See you in the new year,