September 7/98 6:45 am - Bromont Photos, Vuelta, Ontario Track Meet
Posted by Editor on 09/7/98
More Bromont Photos
Click Here for photos from yesterday's men's World Cup race.
Stage 3 - Cadiz to Estepona, 193 km
1. Jann Kirsipuu (Est) Casino 4:16:24
2. Marcel Wust (Ger) Festina-Lotus
3. Giovanni Lombardi (Ita) Telekom
4. Jeroen Blijlevens (Ned) TVM-Farm Frites
5. Ivan Cerioli (Ita) Estepona-Brepac
6. Guido Trenti (Ita) Cantina Tollo
7. Martin Hvastija (Slo) Cantina Tollo
8. Robbie McEwen (Aus) Rabobank
9. FrÃ©dÃ©ric Moncassin (Fra) Credit Agricole
10. Marcus Zberg (Swi) Post Swiss Team all s.t.
1. Laurent Jalabert (Fra) ONCE-Deutsche Bank 14:57:51
2. Marcus Zberg (Sui) Post Swiss Team at 0:02
3. Philippe Gaumont (Fra) Cofidis 0:06
4. Giuliano Figueras (Ita) Mapei-Bricobi 0:07
5. Fabrizio Guidi (Ita) Polti 0:08
6. Unai Etxebarria Arana (Ven) Euskaltel-Euskadi 0:12
7. Ludo Dierickxsens (Bel) Lotto-Mobistar 0:13
8. Alvaro Gonzalez Galdeano (Esp) Euskaltel-Euskadi 0:14
9. Andrei Tchmil (Bel) Lotto-Mobistar 0:15
10. Salvatore Commesso (Ita) Saeco s.t.
Marcel Thysman Memorial Madison Track Meet
The Marcel Thysman Memorial Madison Track Meet will be held on Saturday 12th September at the Wind-Del Track, Wind-Del Community Park, Windham Centre, Near Delhi, Ontario.
Registration starts at 9.30a.m. and Racing commences at 10.30a.m. This is an Ontario Silver Sanction event and One Day Licenses will be available. Entry fee is $16.
The event will be run as an omnium with points for all events. Points will be awarded 5,4,3,2,1 for the top five places in all events including team events and will be accrued. Omnium Prizes (regardless of sex, age or category) are: 1st. - $50, 2nd - $25, and 3rd - $16.
Categories will be mixed for all Handicap events. Other mixings will be arranged according to the number of participants and the events concerned. These will be announced on the day.
The Marcel Thysman Memorial Madison will be held during the afternoon session. The panel of Commissaires reserves the right to approve all madison teams prior to the event.
Other events include:
Miss and Out
Top Notch Handicap Sprint
Ken Pew Memorial Sprint
20 lap Snowball
For further information, contact the organizer: Valerie Davidge at 905-824-8906 or e-mail at email@example.com.
After the meet, there will be a meeting of all interested parties to discuss the 1999 season. Everyone is invited to attend.