2014 Tour de France Fantasy Tour - Sponsored by Specialized
Canadian Cyclist Tour de France Fantasy Tour - Sponsored by Specialized
Welcome to the 2014 Tour de France Fantasy Tour - Sponsored by Specialized!
We are pleased to announce that Specialized is once again sponsoring our popular Tour de France Fantasy Tour. Over $5300 in prizes will be awarded, with the Grand Prize a Specialized S-Works Roubaix, Tarmac or Venge frame & fork worth over $4000! Overall prizes after the final stage will be awarded to the top four players. Here is a list of the prizes that Specialized has generously donated:
1. Specialized S-Works Roubaix, Tarmac or Venge frame & fork - $4009.00
2. Specialized Pro Road shoes (men or women) + Romin Expert or Ruby Expert saddle + a pair of Specialized Turbo Pro tires - $600
3. Specialized Elite or Torch Road shoes + Romin Expert or Ruby Expert saddle + a pair of Specialized Turbo Pro tires - $450
4. Romin Expert or Ruby saddle + a pair of Specialized Turbo Pro tires - $270
There are a couple additions to the rules, so please read them carefully! An important change is that we are limiting the number of team entries per person to three (3) per e-mail address used to register.
1. You can register or revise your team up to and including stage 6 (July 10th). Registration and team changes will be cut off as of 5:00 pm EDT on July 10th. Please note that stacking your team with winners for the early stages will not necessarily provide the best results in the long run...
3. You are allowed up to three (3) team entries per e-mail address.
4. While everyone is welcome to participate in the Canadian Cyclist Tour de France Fantasy Tour, due to shipping costs and varying contest regulations around the world, prizes will only be awarded to North American players.
5. Each participant must pick nine (9) riders and one team from the provided list of riders. The final list of riders is not published until the day before the first stage (July 4th), so you will not be able to select riders before that time. Read the points scales before making your picks!
6. In the event that two participants pick identical riders and teams, the entry that shows the earliest date for final team modifications will receive first selection in the event of a prize.
7. In the event of a tie on points (but not the same riders and team, as above), best GC rider decides, followed by number of stage wins, number of second places etc., will be the tie-breaker. If there is still a tie, the entry that shows the earliest date/time stamp for final team modifications will receive first selection in the event of a prize.
8. Participants will be awarded points based on the performance of their riders and team in each event (see points scale tables below).
9. For the Team points, the standing of the participant's chosen team in the final General Classification will be scored as noted below.
SPECIALIZED RULE: a Specialized rider win (ie, Omega Pharma-Quick Step, Team Astana or Team Tinkoff-Saxo) scores double points.
LANDIS RULE: any rider who receives a positive doping result that is officially announced at any time up to one week following the final stage will be docked all points from the date of the positive onward, plus a penalty of 20 points.
BASTILLE DAY RULE: A French rider win on Bastille Day (July 14th) and/or wearing the Yellow Jersey ON THAT DAY (ie, leading after the July 13th stage) receives double points.
The final official announcement of winners of the Canadian Cyclist Tour de France Fantasy Tour will be made on Monday, August 4, 2014.
The winner of the Canadian Cyclist Tour de France Fantasy Tour is the participant who scores the most points.
In the event of a dispute, Canadian Cyclist will make a final ruling.
Points will be awarded after each stage, according to the following scale:
Winner - 6 points
2nd - 4 points
3rd - 3 points
4th - 2 points
5th - 1 points
Classification Leaders (Daily)
GC (Yellow Jersey) - 5 points
Points (Green Jersey) - 2 points
Mountains (Polka Dot) - 2 points
ABANDONS: -5 points
Note: You will lose 5 points for each abandon on the day that they abandon.
Points will also be awarded for the final standings, according to the following scales:
Final Overall GC
Winner - 25 points
2nd - 24 points
3rd - 23 points
. . .
25th - 1 point
Overall Classification Winners
Team Classification - 25 points
Points (Green Jersey) - 20 points
Mountains (Polka Dot Jersey) - 20 points
Best Young Rider (White Jersey) - 15 points