Welcome to the Canadian Cyclist Fantasy Tour - Sponsored by Specialized!
This year we are pleased to announce that Specialized is sponsoring our popular Fantasy Tour. Over $6500 in prizes will be awarded, with the Grand Prize an S-Works Tarmac SL Frame worth $4600! Intermediate prizes will be awarded at the end of each of the first two weeks to the leaders in the Pool, and overall prizes at the end of the Tour. Here is a list of the prizes that Specialized has generously donated:
- You can register or revise your team up to and including Stage 4 (July 5th). Registration and team changes will be cut off as of Noon EDT on July 5th. Please note that stacking your team with winners for the early stages will not necessarily provide the best results in the long run...
- While everyone is welcome to participate in the Canadian Cyclist Fantasy Tour, due to shipping costs and varying contest regulations around the world, prizes will only be awarded to North American players.
- Each participant must pick 9 TdF riders and one team. Read the points scales before making your picks!
- In the event that two participants pick identical riders and teams, the entry that was submitted earliest will receive first selection in the event of a prize.
- Participants will be awarded points based on the performance of their riders and team in each stage and in the final overall standings (see points scale tables below).
- For the Team Time Trial and the final team GC, only the results of the participant's chosen team will be scored.
- BASTILLE DAY RULE: a French rider winning the stage on July 14th and/or wearing the yellow jersey ON THAT DAY (ie. leading after the July 13th stage) scores double points for those respective classifications.
- The winner of the Canadian Cyclist Fantasy Tour is the participant who scores the most points.
- In the event of a tie on points (but not the same riders and team, as above) best GC rider decides, followed by number of stage wins, number of second places etc.
- In the event of a dispute, Canadian Cyclist will make a final ruling.
Points will be awarded after each stage, according to the following scales:
Note: the Prologue counts as a stage
Note: a reminder of the BASTILLE DAY RULE:
points are doubled for a French rider winning the stage
or wearing the yellow jersey on July 14.
Classification Leaders (Daily)
Note: you will lose 5 points for each abandon on the day that they abandon.
The team time trial will award the following points ONLY to the selected team:
|Winning team||10 points|
Points will also be awarded for the final standings, according to the following scales:
Final Overall GC
|. . .||. . .|
|Team classification||25 points|
|Most aggressive rider||15 points|
|Best young rider||15 points|
Pool is now closed. We will be updating the poolpoints daily after each stage.