December 3/13 13:09 pm - Donate to Cycle Toronto Education Program
Posted by Editoress on 12/3/13
Last year, a total of $11,500 from individual donors, partners, and grants enabled Cycle Toronto to teach almost 500 people about basic bike maintenance through free on-street tuneups, to install 700 free bike lights for cyclists who needed them, and to deliver 14 free safe cycling workshops in communities across Toronto. The organization also gave away 1000 copies of our Toronto Cyclist Handbook, teaching passers-by about traffic laws and safe riding techniques.
Cycling education is a major part of Cycle Toronto's work to make this a better, safer bike city. They need your help to get to $20,000 this year, to expand and strengthen the Street Smarts cycling education program. Help them raise $20,000 to fund Street Smarts 2014 & receive a charitable tax receipt.
With $20,000, Cycle Toronto will reach 2,000 people at 20 workshops and 24 on-street events over the course of six months and promote safe cycling across Toronto. They will work with Ward Advocacy Groups to make these events attractive, exciting and relevant to local needs. And continue to collaborate with their long-term partner CultureLink Settlement Services to further develop this program. CultureLink is a registered charity which reaches 17,000 new immigrants every year with engaging and innovative programs. CultureLink will recognize your Street Smarts donation with a charitable tax receipt.
To make a donation, you have two options:
1. Donate online with payment by Interac, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express by following these steps:
• Visit CultureLink's Canada Helps page
• Click the "Donate Now" button
• Enter your "Donation Amount $"
• Under "Fund/Designation" select from the drop-down menu: "Cycling Program - Street Smarts Educational Activities"
• Click "Continue"
• Review your donation details, and click "Checkout"
• Continue following the checkout instructions
Note: Donations made on-line through Canada Helps generate a tax receipt immediately from Canada Helps.
2. Donate by mail with payment by cheque or money order:
• Make out a cheque or money order payable to "CultureLink Settlement Services" and include a note that it is for the "Cycling Program - Street Smarts Educational Activities".
• Ensure you include details of the individual to whom the tax receipt should be made out, including a mailing address.
• Mail your cheque or money order to:
CultureLink Settlement Services
2340 Dundas Street West, Suite 301
Toronto, ON M6P 4A9
With your support, Cycle Toronto can expand their Street Smarts cycling education program and reach thousands of people in 2014.