Posted by Editor on 10/5/11
Bicycle Sports Pacific is seeking a General Manager. Founded in 1989 and recognized as one of Canada's leading bicycle retailers, Bicycle Sports Pacific currently operates three large stores in the Vancouver area.
This newly created position of General Manager, will report directly to the President/Owner of the business. This person, along with current management, will assist in re-evaluating current strategy, standards, goals, and metrics. The GM will ultimately be responsible and compensated for the performance of these objectives. Staff recruiting, training, and development as well as facilitating improved communication across the business will be paramount.
• Effectively communicate BSP direction and performance expectations to all store teams.
• Develop and implement short term execution strategies for BSP stores that directly align to Monthly / Quarterly business objectives.
• Closely monitor and analyze BSP stores key business metrics (ie: Sales, Inventory, Employee Development, Customer Service, Expenses, Shrink, Compliance, Training) and initiate appropriate action when required.
• Build and continue to foster a culture of consistent execution within the 5 Success Factors foundation strategy ensuring those standards are effectively communicated, understood and executed across BSP stores:
- Customer Service
- Clean Store
• In partnership with the President / Owner:
- Identify business opportunities and develop strategies.
- Contribute to BSP's business planning process, purchasing, and setting business goals.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new programs, policies and procedures with an emphasis on employee training and delivering a superior customer experience.
• Create an environment where the introduction of new concepts, categories and other business initiatives can be executed with little disruption to the daily routine.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge of the retail industry gained through 5+ years of progressively responsible roles.
• Minimum of 3 years at the Store Management level in a large volume specialty store.
• Strong leader with a track record of developing talent and achieving/exceeding goals.
• Ability to communicate, delegate and execute initiatives.
• Exceptional organization and communication skills with the ability to influence results.
• A passion for athletics, and lead/promote a healthy active lifestyle.
• Strong entrepreneurial spirit with a "can do" attitude, willing to roll up sleeves to get it done.
• Builds Trust and Credibility by consistently adhering to the organization's business principles and values. Seen as direct, truthful and trustworthy by co-workers, vendors and customers.
• Competitive and committed to results by taking personal responsibility for achieving mutually agreed upon individual/team objectives.
• Demonstrates a desire to help and serve customers to meet their needs. Is proactive, responsive, and focused on discovering, anticipating, and exceeding the customer's needs.
• Works collaboratively and cooperatively with others to achieve shared goals and objectives
• Recovers quickly after change, disruptions, or mistakes and can remain productive and focused. Is adaptable and can apply lessons learned in one situation to another situation.
Academic / Educational Requirements:
• Post-secondary education in business or marketing an asset.
• Candidate will be required to work in all stores and travel between stores.
• Competitive base salary and bonus
• Extended Health, Dental and Disability benefits
• Company vehicle
• Discounts on the best cycling gear
Please forward resume and salary expectations to Michael Theil at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|