Posted by Editoress on 08/2/14
Sunday is the final day of the XX Commonwealth Games, and the final event for cycling as well.
Canada will be in action in the road races, held on a technical, twisty 14-km circuit in the heart of Glasgow.
Canada has a medal shot in both the men's and women's event, but luck and team tactics will both play major roles in the outcome.
The women's race starts at 8 am (GMT) and will cover 7 laps for 98 km.
On the line for Canada will be:
- Canadian road and time trial champion Leah Kirchmann
- Olympic team pursuit bronze medalist Jasmin Glaesser
- Track Worlds medalists Laura Brown and Stephanie Roorda
The men's race at noon (GMT) will be 12 laps for 168 km.
Canada's entry is:
- Canadian champion and Giro d'Italia pink jersey wearer Svein Tuft
- Tour of California stage winner Will Routley
- 2013 Canadian champion Zach Bell
- Canadian critérium champion Rémi Pelletier-Roy
- Nic Hamilton
- Ed Veal
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|