Posted by Editoress on 05/20/18
The Alberta Bicycle Association (ABA) has an opening for a Sport Coordinator for BMX & Mountain Bike.
Key Responsibility Areas
The key responsibility areas (KRAs) are the major outputs for which the position is responsible and are not a comprehensive statement of the position activities.
Coordination and development of Events Calendar
• Work as a liaison between organizers, officials, and participants.
• Coordinate the production of race resources
• Development and maintenance of standards at events and provide support to Organizers, Officials, and Volunteers.
• Act as Technical Delegate to assigned races (all disciplines)
• Assist organizers in attracting National and International events to Alberta
• Manage the Trailblazers Youth Mountain Bike series
• Development of Provincial Commissaire Program.
• Management of clinics
• Key liaison with Racing and BMX Committees
• Coordinate meetings, including preparation and circulation of agendas and minutes, of BMX and Racing Committees
• Develop, maintain, develop and update administrative tools and all resources to assist in the delivery of events, materials and programs.
• Maintain BMX and Mountain Bike points, results and upgrades
• Assist Provincial Team Management
• Assist in the development of policy and procedures
• Preparation of information for communication vehicles.
• Maintain communication with membership, media, and other sport bodies as required
Key Selection Criteria
A suitable candidate for the position will have a post-secondary degree, preferably in Sport or Recreation, or related experience. Candidates must be comfortable working with computers; experience with Microsoft Excel is desirable. The ideal candidate will be an effective communicator, and bring a high level of energy to the position. Candidates must have access to a vehicle.
Experience / Qualifications / Attributes
Required by the incumbent to successfully perform the positions key responsibilities.
• A knowledge and understanding of cycling
• An affinity with the aims and targets of the Alberta Bicycle Association
• Understanding delivery of all aspects of a sports event
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience working with deadlines
Resumes must address the Qualifications and Knowledge/Experience/Attributes
Application Deadline: June 3, 2018
Application Closing Date: Will remain open until a suitable applicant is found
Salary: Based on experience, excellent benefits package and professional development opportunities and expenses.
Starting Date: ASAP
Location: This position is located at the Edmonton Office but the incumbent will be required to travel extensively within the province.
Applications can be emailed to:
Alberta Bicycle Association
11759 Groat Road
Edmonton, AB T5M 3K6
|Return to Cycling 4 Women homepage | Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|