Posted by Editor on 10/27/06
Race #3 in the Vancouver Island Cross Cup
Courtesy Normon Thibault
The 3rd stop in the 2006 Vancouver Island Cross cup will be held at the Luxton Fairgrounds, Metchosin in greater Victoria this Sunday (October 29th). This event will be called "Cowboy Cross" so dress accordingly!
As with all of the Cross on the Rock's races they are open to club level licensed riders as well as Cycling BC Licensed rider. Mountain bikes are welcome in all categories.
Schedule: Cross on the Rock Race #3 - October 29, 2006
PLEASE NOTE THE EARLIER TIME FOR INTERMEDIATE RACERS.
* Registration: 10:30-1:55 (up to 20 minutes before your race)
* Course open for pre-riding: 11:00-12:00 .
* Learn to Race cyclocross clinic with Kona Team Rider; Wendy Simms: 11:00
* Beginner and Intermediate Race12:00-12:45 (Race time approx. 35 minutes for 1st person). Separate starts for each category. There will be enough course to accommodate everyone. Separate prizing as wellÃ¢Ë†â€˜we try to have the awards early for this event so stick around!
* Course open for pre-riding 12:45-1:00
* Women's, Master's, 1:00 to 1:50 (Race time approx. 45 minutes for 1st person)
* Course open for pre-riding: 1:50-2:15 Please pay attention to the kids race going on over a portion of the course.
* Kids Race: 1:50. A short, free and fun race over a portion of the course. Includes at least one mini-barrier section. This is pending if we can get insurance. Stay tuned.
* Expert race 2:15-3:15 (race time will be about 60 minutes for the first person.
* Awards following the Expert race.
This event would not have been possible without the help of the Metchosin Farmers Institute that manage the fairgrounds.
A big thanks to our sponsors:
* Presenting: The Nanaimo Daily News.
* Gold Sponsors: Oak Bay Bikes, Frontrunners and the Howard Johnson
* Silver: Specialized, Devinci and Norco
* Bronze: Arrowsmith Bikes, Orange Sport Supply, Crank Brothers.
* Community: Malaspina University College
Web site for race guide and any other information about cross on Vancouver Island: www.island-multi-sports.com
For information on this event or to help out please contact Matt Powsey at Oak Bay Bikes Victoria 250-598-4111 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|