April 16/99 9:37 am - B.C. Trail Days, U.S. Results, Euro Results
Posted by Editor on 04/16/99
Mountain Bikers Organize Trail Maintenance Days on B.C.s North Shore
(courtesy EMP and Rodney Hsu)
North Vancouver, British Columbia, April 15, 1999 - The North Shore Mountain Biking Association (NSMBA) has firmed up several dates for trail maintenance on several multiple-use trails in the North Shore of Vancouver. Trail Maintenance schedule for 1999 (all Sundays 10 - 4 pm):
(Note: some dates are subject to approval of land authorities)
Date - Trail Name - Approximate location - Area
May 16 - Baden Powell - Mountain Highway location - Fromme
June 13 - Corkscrew - Mushroom Trail Parking Lot entrance - Seymour
July 11 - Lower Coiler - Cypress Bowl access road 4th switchback - Cypress
August 15 - Ladies Only - fire road from Mountain Highway 5th switchback - Fromme
September 12 - Sex Boy - Cypress Bowl access road 3rd switchback - Cypress
October 10th - Ned's Atomic Dustbin - Mushroom Trail interpretative signs - Seymour
All recreational users and interested parties are invited to attend and contribute time, effort and/or materials to trail maintenance.
On behalf of the North Shore Mountain Biking Association
Lee Lau; President
For additional information; please contact Lee Lau at (604) 986-6367 or firstname.lastname@example.org
"The North Shore Mountain Bike Association is a not-for-profit incorporated society dedicated to the accessibility of trails and support of mountain biking on the North Shore. Our Goals are:
Be a part of the action. Membership fees can be paid at participating Vancouver area bike stores. For more information call: Lee Lau at 760-3402 or email@example.com
- To keep trails challenging
- To be a voice for mountain-biking in the North Shore
- To maintain the trails
- To keep the trails open
- To promote respect of the environment through cooperative trail maintenance
- To promote multiple use of trails
Boulder Races, Colorado (April 10-11)
1. Scott Moninger (USA) Mercury 1:30:00
2. Gord Fraser (Can) Mercury
3. Danny Pate (USA) Colorado Cyclist
4. Chad Gerlach (USA) Merlin Racing
5. Jon Peters (USA) Mercury all s.t.
1. Anna Wilson (Aus) Saturn 45:00
2. Pam Schuster (USA) Timex
3. Brigette Evans (USA)
4. Kimberley Bruckner (USA) Cox Atlanta Velo
5. Anne Lannan (USA) Dean Cycles all s.t.
Roubaix Road Race
1. David Clinger (USA) Mercury 3:35:00
2. Derek Bouchard-Hall (USA) Mercury
3. Mike Barry (Can) Saturn
4. Scott Moninger (USA) Mercury
5. Gord Fraser (Can) Mercury all s.t.
1. Emily Robbins (USA) Saturn 2:30:00
2. Anna Wilson (Aus) Saturn
3. Kimberley Bruckner (USA) Cox Atlanta Velo
4. Erica Green (RSA) South Africa National team
5. Dede Demet Barry (USA) Saturn all s.t.
Settimana Bergamasca, Italy
Stage 1 - Telgate 182 km
1. Ivan Quaranta (Ita) Mobilvetta 4:26:27
2. Jan Svorada (Cze) Lampre-Daikin
3. Luca Cei (Ita) Navigare-Gaerne
4. Alberto Ongarato (Ita) Ballan-Alessio
5. Marcin Gebka (Pol) Mroz all s.t.
Vuelta Aragon, Spain
Stage 1 - Jaca to Barbastro 195 km
1. Erik Zabel (Ger) Telekom 5:21:37
2. Marcel Wust (Ger) Festina Lotus
3. Mario Cipollini (Ita) Saeco-Cannondale
4. Glenn Magnusson (Swe) US Postal
5. Jeremy Hunt (GB) Banesto
20. George Hincapie (USA) US Postal
66. Lance Armstrong (USA) US Postal
68. Frankie Andreu (USA) US Postal all s.t.
118. Kevin Livingston (USA) US Postal at 8:49
Stage 2 - Monzon to Alcaniz 152 km
1. Marcel Wust (Ger) Festina Lotus 4:10:37
2. Mario Cipollini (Ita) Saeco-Cannondale
3. Glenn Magnusson (Swe) US Postal
4. Bruno Boscardin (Sui) Team Post Swiss
5. Erik Zabel (Ger) Telekom
15. George Hincapie (USA) US Postal
25. Lance Armstrong (USA) US Postal all s.t.
96. Kevin Livingston (USA) US Postal at 0:23
104. Frankie Andreu (USA) US Postal 0:29
1. Marcel Wust (Ger) Festina Lotus 9:32:04
2. Mario Cipollini (Ita) Saeco-Cannondale at 0:04
3. Erik Zabel (Ger) Telekom s.t.
4. Glenn Magnusson (Swe) US Postal 0:08
5. Angel Edo (Esp) Kelme-Costa Blanca s.t.
14. George Hincapie (USA) US Postal 0:10
43. Lance Armstrong (USA) US Postal s.t.
87. Frankie Andreu (USA) US Postal 0:38
116. Kevin Livingston (USA) US Postal 9:22