March 1/08 10:54 am - 2008 Spring Classics Fantasy Tour
Posted by Editor on 03/1/08
Spring Classics Fantasy Tour - Sponsored by Specialized
We are pleased to announce once again that Specialized is sponsoring our Spring Classics Fantasy Tour. Over $5980 in prizes will be awarded, with the Grand Prize an S-Works Roubaix SL or S-Works Ruby Frame worth $3,159! Intermediate prizes will be awarded after the first five races to the top two players in the Pool, and overall prizes at the end of the nine races that make up our Spring Classics. New for this year, Specialized is offering, where ever possible, a choice of men's or women's prizes. Here is a list of the prizes that Specialized has generously donated:
The 2008 Canadian Cyclist Spring Classics Fantasy Tour Sponsored by Specialized consists of the following events:
1. March 1 - Omloop Het Volk
2. March 2 - Kuurne-Brussells-Kuurne
3. March 22 - Milan-San Remo
4. April 6 - Tour of Flanders
5. April 9 - Gent-Wevelgem
6. April 13 - Paris-Roubaix
7. April 20 - Amstel Gold
8. April 23 - Fleche Wallonne
9. April 27 - Liege-Bastogne-Liege
- You can register or revise your team up to and including March 21st at 5:00 pm EST. Registration and team changes will be cut off at that time. Please note that rider selection consists of riders listed as members of ProTour and Professional Continental squads (960 riders and 43 teams in total).
- While everyone is welcome to participate in the Canadian Cyclist Fantasy Tour, due to shipping costs and varying contest regulations around the world, prizes will only be awarded to North American players.
- Each participant must pick 9 riders and one team. Read the points scales before making your picks!
- In the event that two participants pick identical riders and teams, the entry that was submitted earliest will receive first selection in the event of a prize.
- Participants will be awarded points based on the performance of their riders and team in each race.
- For the Team Points, 5 points will be awarded after each event to the team which has most riders finishing in the top-20. In the event of a tie on number of riders, points will go to the team which has the highest individually placed rider.
- SPECIALIZED RULE: a Specialized rider win (ie, Gerolsteiner or Quickstep) scores double points.
- LANDIS RULE: any rider who receives a positive doping result at any time up to one week following the final event (Liege-Bastogne-Liege) will be docked all points from the date of the positive onward, plus a penalty of 20 points.
- The winner of the Canadian Cyclist Spring Classics Fantasy Tour is the participant who scores the most points.
- In the event of a tie on points (but not the same riders and team, as above), the number of event wins, number of second places etc. will be the tie-breaker.
- In the event of a dispute, Canadian Cyclist will make a final ruling.
Points ScalePoints will be awarded after each stage, according to the following scales:
Events 3, 4, 6 and 8 offer a 50% incease in points (15-12-8-6-4).