September 2/09 16:53 pm - Victoria Learn To Race Clinics
Posted by Editoress on 09/2/09
Cyclocross: Learn To Race clinics begin this Saturday in Victoria!
OrganicAthlete Victoria is proud to offer Learn to 'Cross clinics each Saturday morning in September and October. All are welcome, no fee, meet in the parking lot at Oak Bay Bikes by 9am.
We're also holding small, fun 'Cross Comps, mini race events, they'll be just a few minutes long to test specific 'cross skills. We'll also have some guest instructors, see below for details, and check back frequently! Comps begin at 12 noon, and are at Beacon Hill Park, see below for details.
• Sept 5th - Clinic, the basics
• Sept 12th - Clinic followed by: Sand Pit Invitational (there's a large soccer pitch at Beacon Hill Park that is all sand, talk about Tokyo Drift! Timed laps on the sandy, slidey course.)
• Sept 19th - Clinic, the basics
• Sept 26th - Clinic with Guest Instructor Drew Mackenzie, and Second Annual Whirly Whirl World Championships
• Oct 3rd - Clinic, the basics
• Oct 10th - Clinic, the basics
• Oct 17th - Clinic with Guest Instructor Alison Sydor, and Shoulder & Run Hill Climb Hustle (short course mainly featuring a run-up or two!)
• Oct 24th - Clinic followed by: Short Track Sprint Showdown (timed on short course, ~1-2 minutes long..)
• Oct 31 - No clinic, Intercontinental Single Speed Championships of the Universe! See Cross on the Rock website!
* Note: awaiting date commitment from Geoff Pendrel, and a few others as well, check back!
Email (Victoria@OrganicAthlete.org) for any specific details
Check out our 'Best Of' photo album from 2008
Our series poster
Island 'Cross group on Facebook
'Cross on the Rock, the ultimate race series
Hope to see you out there!
Team OrganicAthlete Fueled By Green Cuisine