Posted by Editoress on 10/29/10
Position: Talisman Centre ETS/Tri Club Coach
We are seeking a career oriented, innovative and energetic individual to join our team of endurance training professionals! As a key part of our Sport Wellness Group, this position will report directly to the Endurance Training Systems and Triathlon Club Coordinator. Your goal will be to provide coaching services to various endurance sport participants with a coaching focus for triathlons and assist in the business development of these programs and services.
Reports to: ETS/Tri Coordinator
What's In It for You:
• Starting salary/wage range between: $24.00/hr - $34.50/hr
• Free facility membership plus a variety of free and discounted programs & services for you and your family
• Free parking and close to C-train
• This is a contract position and will initially start at 10-12hrs per week (daytime, evening and weekends required) with the potential for additional hours per week.
• Opportunities also exist to provide customized testing and coaching services to clients.
What You'll Do:
• Developing quality program content for adult triathlon-related programs to meet the goals and objectives of Talisman Centre's triathlon vision.
• Provide one-on-one technical expertise, feedback and support to participants in swimming, cycling and running.
• Lead group training sessions such as swimming, cycling, running and cross-training activities for adult Triathlon Club programs and Endurance Training Systems (ETS) programs.
• Provide a fun, encouraging and safe environment for all participants.
• To assist in the continuing development of the triathlon “culture” internal and external to the Talisman Centre.
• Design and provide detailed training programs for endurance-based athletes with a focus on triathlon participants specific to their stated goals. Note single sport specialization would also be required.
• Retain the existing client base and generate new clients and referrals.
• Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with co-workers, supervisors and participants.
• To assist in the further growth of existing programs and services as well as identify new business opportunities for triathlon within Talisman Centre.
• Assist in the planning, development and implementation of training camps, workshops and seminars for adult participants.
• Provide progress reports to the Endurance Training Systems/Triathlon Club Coordinator.
What You Need:
• National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Level 1 or higher in both theory and technical for one or more of the following: triathlon, swimming, track and field or cycling.
• Strong masters swim or triathlon specific group swim coaching experience.
• Understanding of the Triathlon Athlete Development Model developed by Triathlon Canada.
• Working towards or have completed your degree or masters in Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, or a related degree/diploma.
• CPR C (recertified within one year) and Standard First Aid (recertified within 3 years).
• One year of experience coaching children / youth / adults at various levels.
• Current or previous participation in triathlon events and/or other endurance events.
• High energy level and enjoy working in a fast paced, challenging and changing environment.
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
• Proven track record working independently and in a team environment is an asset to the work you do.
• Willingness to integrate into the team, openness to learn from other team members and pursue higher levels of certification or technical skills as required is a must.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills to manage multiple tasks.
• Proven coaching background and ability to design effective and ability specific training programs.
• Experience with having conducted lactate and or VO2max testing an asset.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a cover letter and resume to Talisman Centre Human Resources, by November 12th 2010 via:
E-mail: email@example.com (please state job title in the subject line)
Fax: (403) 262-1001
Drop off: 2225 Macleod Trail S, Calgary, AB T2G 5B6
We thank all applicants for their interest. Those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Salary Range: $24.00 - $34.50/hour
Type of Position: Part Time - Employee
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|