Posted by Editor on 02/18/00
New Ontario Race
Multi-Laser and the Town Council are proud to announce the "Multi-Laser Fall Grand Prix" to be held in Gananoque, Ontario on September 23rd and 24th, 2000. As an environmentally conscious company, Multi-Laser is delighted to sponsor this high speed, exciting sporting event, which embodies our "environmentally friendly" spirit.
This race will be a Gold Sanctioned Event, the highest sanction granted by the Ontario Cycling Association. These races will be held over the weekend, and will include races in the Veterans Men's Category, Women's Category, Juniors' Category and the main event of the Elite Men's Category. These races will be a grueling 120 km road race, a 15 km individual time trial and the "crit" which is an exciting circuit race around the downtown of Gananoque.
We expect a great turnout of cyclists of all classes, coming from all over Eastern Canada and the Eastern United States, all vying to win the prize money (sponsored by Multi-Laser) of $2,500.00 plus merchandise.
The Multi-Laser Fall Grand Prix should be a fun and entertaining weekend for all, including those who are racing as well as the spectators. We are all looking forward to this event, and make sure you watch for more details on our web site at www.multilaser.com and in various print media!
If you require any further information regarding this event, you can contact Michelle Patrick at Multi-Laser Inc. by phone at (613) 382-1115, by fax at (613) 382-6767 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Genevieve Jeanson, the junior double world champion from Lachine, Quebec, has been nominated for a Canadian Sport Award. The winner of the Elaine Tanner Award, for Junior Female Athlete of the Year, will be announced March 22nd.
The Forums have been updated! Due to the amount of traffic (and postings) that the Forums have been receiving, we have upgraded the programming for the Forums. The appearance of the Forums will not change, but management and speed of this area of our site will now be much quicker. Unfortunately, with the changeover we have had to remove the ability to post to existing threads. You can still read the existing threads, but will have to begin new ones if you wish to respond. We will remove the old postings in approximately 1 week.
Vodacom Rapport Tour, South Africa
Stage 7 - Paarl to Atlantis 103 km
1. Baden Cooke (Aus) Australia 2:31:52
2. Klaus Diewald (Ger) Team Promix at 0:10
3. Danilo Hondo (Ger) Telekom
4. Martin van Steen (Ned) Farm Frites
5. Lars Michaelsen (Den) Francasie des Jeux
6. Maurizio de Pascale (Ita) Linda McCartney
7. Joerg Ludewig (Ger) Saeco-Valli&Valli
8. Gerben Lowik (Ger) Farm Frites all s.t.
1. Tobias Steinhauser (Ger) Gerolsteiner 24:49:33
2. Alberto Elli (Ita) Telekom at 1:45
3. Volker Ordowski (Ger) Gerolsteiner 3:52
4. Lars Michaelsen (Den) Francaise des Jeux 4:04
5. Danilo Hondo (Ger) Telekom 5:41
6. Nicholas White (RSA) Team HSBC 6:41
7. Salvatore Comesso (Ita) Saeco-Valli&Valli 6:55
8. Kosie Loubser (RSA) Team IBM-Lotus 7:39
9. Rudolph Wentzel (RSA) Team Minolta 8:00
10. Christian Wegmann (Ger) Saeco-Valli&Valli 8:15
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|