February 26/14 8:49 am - Employment Opportunity at Bicycle Sports Pacific - Vancouver, BC
Posted by Editoress on 02/26/14
Now in our 25th year, Bicycle Sports Pacific, one of Canada's leading bicycle retailers, is looking for an experienced and dynamic Store Manager to join our team in Vancouver.
BSP caters to the needs of all types of riding, from mountain to road and all levels of riders. BSP carries one of the largest selections of Women's Specific bicycles and clothing. Women are therefore encouraged to apply.
BSP offers a great work environment featuring bright, well organized stores in great locations featuring leading brands.
Focused on delivering a superior customer experience, the Store Manager provides leadership to drive growth and is responsible for overall operational execution and total store results. The Store Manager drives results by developing and executing short term action plans and long term strategies. The store manager leads company initiatives and ensures maximum productivity, profitability and compliance with company policies and procedures.
Manager is responsible for the sales and profitability of the store including:
• Meeting and/or exceeding sales and margin plans
• Purchasing and maintaining inventory levels to achieve store goals
• Cash management inclusive of daily balancing
• Compliance with company policies and procedures
• Successful and timely completion of administrative details that include but are not limited to: new hires, terminations, inventory management, cash management, etc.
• Routinely conduct audits, cycle counts and take corrective and preventive actions when necessary
• Delivers on all performance measures consistently-sales and margin as well as the quality of the sale, (additional items, customer data capture, types of products sold)
• Excellent leadership qualities - must be able to lead and inspire a group of retail and service department associates to exceed targeted goals.
• Able to supervise a team of that may include assistant managers, bicycle maintenance personnel, and sales associates.
• Recruits, hires, trains and develops a motivated team.
• Supervises and coaches team to reinforce success and correct deficiencies when necessary.
• Build positive relationship with peers, subordinates, customers and suppliers.
• 3-5 years of retail management experience in a high volume store
• High School graduate, college degree preferred
• Retail sales background.
• Basic retail operational knowledge - Opening, closing, stock keeping and store keeping.
• Knowledge and experience in using retail POS systems.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
• Ability to learn and communicate technical features and benefits of all types of bicycles and soft goods
• Demonstrated exceptional customer satisfaction skills, able to resolve conflicts and issues in a timely manner for mutual benefit at store level.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Competitive, entrepreneurial, organized and collaborative
• Understanding of bicycle maintenance and operation
• Passion for fitness and cycling
• Competitive salary
• Extended Health, Dental and Disability benefits
• Discounts on the best cycling gear
Please forward resume and salary expectations to Michael Theil at email@example.com