Posted by Editor on 09/14/18
Shimano is a $2.8 billion global company offering the world's sporting community with top labels and brands including Shimano, Pearl Izumi, G. Loomis, Power Pro, PRO, and AIM. We are seeking a bilingual Customer Service Representative to join us in Peterborough, Ontario.
We are proud of our staff; diverse in talent, interests and backgrounds. Job seekers can find unique, one of a kind job opportunities in our fishing and cycling divisions, including national and regional sales, marketing, retail services and distribution. We offer an exceptional array of employee benefits and we are proud of a workforce that takes advantage of the health and wellness benefits we offer. Those that seek opportunities with employers that focus on reducing negative impacts on the environment need look no further than Shimano Canada. If you feel you can bring talent, innovation and enthusiasm to our workforce then please consider the opportunities we have available.
This position is focused on supporting the growth of our company by delivering outstanding sales and service support to Shimano Canada's authorized dealers and outside representatives. This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with the Customer Service Supervisor to strategize, plan and implement monthly and seasonal plans.
The associate in this position will be a proactive, self-motivated, problem solver who is willing to go the extra mile to ensure we are meeting our wholesale domestic goals and all our retailers are receiving best in class customer service.
• Answers directly to customer calls including:
* Identifying retailers' customer needs and recommending appropriate bicycle component, apparel and footwear solutions
* Placement of orders
* Warranty policy
* In-season programs
* Retailer Incentives
* Account status
* Order status
* Consumer inquiries
* Technical and compatibility questions about Shimano products
* Back order sales management
* Product availability information
* Return questions
* Execute on inside sales goals
• Respond to retailer e-mails/faxes for the same issues as above.
• Demonstrates outstanding product knowledge.
• Shows a strong sensitivity for retailer issues and the ability to ask questions to clarify and resolve problems to the satisfaction of the retailer.
• Acts as a conduit to resolving dealer issues; interfaces regularly with Sales Managers, credit, shipping, warranty and operations.
• Responsible for processing and management of all orders generated during sales calls.
• Representing Shimano in a sales or technical capacity at local events.
Services Retailer Warranty & Return Issues
• Ensure all customer returns (warranty and return to stock) are processed in a timely manner.
• Makes customer repair, replacement or credit decisions in accordance with company's policy.
• Respond to and resolves any customer warranty issues with the greatest concern for maintaining a "customer for life".
• Communicate recurring product quality issues to product development team for further action.
Generation of In Season Order Replenishment
• Supports and meets company monthly and seasonal at once sales goals
• Maintains company expectations of outbound calls to authorized retailers; implement sales process that includes identifying needs and recommending solutions
• Enhance sales by cross selling/up selling products when particular items are unavailable
Support Sales Team
• Assist the entire sales team, inside (Sales Managers) and outside, with order entry when needed.
• Maintains customer records in CRM by updating account information for assigned territory.
• Assist with retailer/rep mailings and reporting as needed.
• Promotes, educates and monitors all on-line orders that are placed on www.connect.shimano.com
• Perform miscellaneous projects as requested.
• Bilingual. Fluent in English/French
• 2 - 3 years' experience in customer service, retail experience or inside/outside sales.
• A strong technical sense and ability to diagnose technical issues with Shimano bicycle components.
• Knowledge of technical cycling apparel
• Strong presentation, negotiation and problem solving abilities.
• Must have a strong customer focus and an ability to establish and develop strong relationships with retailers
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and windows environment
• Knowledge of JD Edwards software a benefit
• A leader as well as a team player
• Must be self-motivated, entrepreneurial and be able to work with little supervision
Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
If you are interested in this opportunity and feel you meet the qualifications we require, we would like to hear from you. Please submit your resume in a PDF or Word format Here.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|