Posted by Editoress on 05/12/03
Joe Martin Stage Race Arkansas
Stage 4 - Fayetteville Criterium
Men (90 minutes + 3 laps)
1. Ivan Dominguez (Cub) Saturn Cycling 1:30:52
2. John Lieswyn (USA) 7 Up / Maxxis Team s.t.
3. Kirk Albers (USA) Jelly Belly / Carlsbad Clothing at 2:18
4. Brian Jensen (USA) River City Racing Club s.t.
5. Eric Wohlberg (Can) Saturn Cycling 2:33
1. Jason McCartney (USA) 7 Up / Maxxis Team 10:08:22
2. Eric Wohlberg (Can) Saturn Cycling at 0:31
3. Ben Dawson (Aus) Jelly Belly/Carlsbad Clothing 1:10
4. Steven Cate (USA) Los Malos Racing Club 4:48
5. Adam Bergman (USA) Bianci / Grand Performance 5:00
Women (60 minutes + 3 laps)
1. Lynn Gaggioli (USA) Velo Bella 1:03:37
2. Candice Blickem (USA) Genesis Scuba / FFCC s.t.
3. Magen Long (USA) OBRU at 0:08
4. Andrea Hannos (Can) RONA - Esker
5. Helen Kelly (Aus) TDS Cycling Team
12. Amy Moore (Can) Saturn
17. Susan Palmer-Komer (Can) Genesis Scuba / FFCC all s.t.
1. Lynn Gaggioli (USA) Velo Bella 7:23:42
2. Susan Palmer-Komer (Can) Genesis Scuba / FFCC at 0:28
3. Amy Moore (Can) Saturn 3:57
4. Grace Fleury (USA) Genesis Scuba / FFCC 5:55
5. Andrea Hannos (Can) RONA - Esker 6:39
Blizzard Bike Club Fort St. John, BC - May 11 2003
Courtesy Pat Ferris
Robert 'Kelme' Martens was the fastest on the Beatton Hill, Sunday. His time of 19:20 minutes was only 12 seconds faster than Mike 'Mountain Goat' Hientzman. Trevor McDonell was third with 19:57. Richard Howes was 4th at 20:10 with Pat Ferris coming along 13 seconds later.
Tammy Howes was the fastest female on the hill with 23:10. Tessa Bilodeau was second with 24:49 and Lisa Verbisky third at 27:38. Barb Polehoykie was 4th at 30:59.
Other finishers were 2000 Hill Climb Champ Joseph Gladysz at 22:36, Erik Snucins 22:24, Gilbert Bilodeau 22:49, Brian Maddigan 23:32, Ross Garbutt 25:41, Dean Lowry 27:52 and Adam Currie 28:24.
Stephen Ferris finished 14th overall, 4th junior in 'Category Three' in the Ardrossan Stage Race in Edmonton, this past weekend. He was 14th in the short time trial, 10th in the criterium and 15th in the 100 km road race.
This race is one of two qualifiers for the "tour D'Abitibi Race, held in Quebec in July. It is a major junior age class event with teams from all over the world competing.
-Duathlon Series event #1 Monday at the Baldonnel School. Sign on at 6:45 pm. The event consists of a 2 km run, 8 km bike and another 2 km run.
-Thursday Baldonnel time trial 6:45 pm.
-Sunday is the 7th running of the tough "Rocky Road Race'. This race is partly gravel and pavement which makes it a difficult event to win. Robert Martens is the reigning three-time champion.
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|