Posted by Editor on 05/3/04
Tour de Romandie - Switzerland
Stage 5 - Lausanne ITT 20.4 km
1 Tyler Hamilton (USA) Phonak Hearing Systems 26:29.10
2 Bradley McGee (Aus) FDJeux.com at 0:35.75
3 Ronny Scholz (Ger) Gerolsteiner 0:53.80
4 Ivan Basso (Ita) Team CSC 0:57.94
5 Stefano Garzelli (Ita) Vini Caldirola-Nobili Rubinetterrie 1:00.21
6 Rubens Bertogliati (Sui) Saunier Duval-Prodir 1:06.46
7 Carlos Sastre (Esp) Team CSC 1:07.77
8 Marco Pinotti (Ita) Lampre 1:09.70
9 Fabian Jeker (Sui) Saunier Duval-Prodir 1:13.62
10 Jorg Jaksche (Ger) Team CSC 1:15.99
1 Tyler Hamilton (USA) Phonak Hearing Systems 15:45:44
2 Fabian Jeker (Sui) Saunier Duval-Prodir at 1:43
3 Leonardo Piepoli (Ita) Saunier Duval-Prodir 2:18
4 Tadej Valjavec (Slo) Phonak Hearing Systems 2:19
5 Dario Cioni (Ita) Fassa Bortolo 2:33
6 Alexandre Moos (Sui) Phonak Hearing Systems 2:39
7 Ivan Basso (Ita) Team CSC 3:31
8 Francisco Mancebo (Esp) Illes Balears-Banesto 4:32
9 Bradley McGee (Aus) FDJeux.com 5:08
10 Steve Zampieri (Sui) Vini Caldirola-Nobili Rubinetterrie 5:53
Trophee des Grimpeurs - France
1 Christophe Moreau (Fra) Credit Agricole 3:09:57
2 Philippe Gilbert (Bel) FDJeux.com at 1:10
3 Jerome Pineau (Fra) Brioches la Boulangere 1:23
4 Mark Scanlon (Irl) AG2r Prevoyance 3:52
5 Sylvain Chavanel (Fra) Brioches la Boulangere 3:59
6 Didier Rous (Fra) Brioches la Boulangere 4:46
7 Pierrick Fedrigo (Fra) Credit Agricole s.t.
8 Laurent Lefevre (Fra) Brioches la Boulangere 4:49
9 Thomas Lovkvist (Swe) FDJeux.com 4:51
10 Patrice Halgand (Fra) Credit Agricole s.t.
2005 National Dates Set
The Canadian Cycling Association has put out a request to organizers to apply for sanctions to hold 2005 national championship events. This release includes dates, making it the earliest announcement of dates for the following year in recent memory.
The only real change to the schedule of the past few years is the shift of the Track Nationals to one week after Road Nationals (this was attempted for 2004, but rescinded after the organizers said they had too little time to adjust). The text of the release is below:
The Canadian Cycling Association (CCA) is accepting applications for 2005 events. All interested organizers are asked to submit a completed application by: Monday, May 17th, 2004
Note: Application forms and related information can be downloaded from the CCA website under the "Calendar" section. www.canadiancycling.ca
Applications will be accepted for the following events:
National Championship Events:
* 2005 Road National Championships - June 23-26 - Western Canada
* 2005 Track National Championships - June 30-July 3 - Western Canada
* 2005 Mountain Bike National Championships - July 16-17 - Eastern Canada
* 2005 BMX National Championships - Date to be determined - Location open
* 2005 National Cyclo-cross Championships - November 6 - Location open
(Dates and locations subject to change)
National Series Events:
* 2005 Canada Cup MTB series (3 Eastern & 3 Western)
Note: The following provisional dates have been established for 2005.
* MTB Canada Cup - May 21-22 - Eastern Canada
* MTB Canada Cup - May 28-29 - Eastern Canada
* MTB Canada Cup - June - 4-5 - Eastern Canada
* MTB - Canada Cup - August 6-7 - Western Canada
* MTB - Canada Cup - August 13-14 - Western Canada
* MTB - Canada Cup - August 20-21 - Western Canada
(Dates and locations subject to change)
Note: All Canada Cup MTB events must be registered on the UCI international calendar as E2 class or higher. UCI calendar fees, minimum prize list requirements, and competition requirements apply.
* 2005 Western BMX National series (4 or 5 events)
* 2005 Eastern BMX National series (4 or 5 events)
Note: The following considerations will be applied to BMX series events:
* There are no specific date restrictions, however, events will be positioned on the calendar to facilitate a logical travel flow.
* Tracks will be permitted to host a single BMX national series event. Organizers are encouraged to co-host a provincial level event on the same weekend.
* A minimum prize list requirement will be established for national series events.
* All other international events to be placed on the 2005 national and UCI calendar. For example: MTB E1, E2, Marathon, Road, Track, Cyclo-cross - single or multi-day events
NOTE: For World Cups, Marathon World Series, Pan American (Continental) Championships, World Championships or any other special international events; it is necessary to contact the CCA to discuss specific requirements.
All event submissions must include the following:
* Completed Event Application form or optional proposal format.
* Signed Letter of Endorsement from the Provincial / Territorial Association.
* Signed Land Access Agreement - where applicable.
* Six (6) copies of the compete application package must be submitted to the CCA.
* Submission Deadline for all 2005 events: Monday, May 17th, 2004
|Return to Canadian Cyclist homepage | Back to Top|